• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Butt Out Deer dressing tool

Started by KySongDog, November 15, 2009, 07:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Quote from: msmith on November 18, 2009, 06:37:02 AM
I actually know the guy that came up with the idea and got a patten on it. He did not get any money for it.

:confused:  How did that happen?  I figured the inventor would be counting his coins on the beach in the Bahamas right now.   :shrug:

golfertrout

u would think he would get some money for it :shrug:

FOsteology

I think it was invented by the IRS....  :innocentwhistle:

Just appears to me to be another "solution" to a problem that doesn't exist...

I honestly can't envision myself ever purchasing one, let alone using one. There's a mental block that just won't let me even think about using one. I think it has something to do with being a guy and leaving the deer some dignity or something.  :confused:

KySongDog

Quote from: FOsteology on November 18, 2009, 12:21:34 PM
I think it was invented by the IRS....  :innocentwhistle:

Just appears to me to be another "solution" to a problem that doesn't exist...

I honestly can't envision myself ever purchasing one, let alone using one. There's a mental block that just won't let me even think about using one. I think it has something to do with being a guy and leaving the deer some dignity or something.  :confused:

Dignity?  :confused:  The deer is DEAD (at least I hope it is).  Every deer I've ever field dressed I removed the anal tract. Either by splitting the pelvis or by reaming (cutting) the anus out of the deer.  Otherwise you leave crap in the deer and that is not good.   :nofgr:  This tool makes the job easier.  Whats wrong with that? 

It is an animal.  So what is the big deal?   :confused:   

FOsteology

Quote from: Semp on November 18, 2009, 05:07:49 PMDignity?  :confused:  The deer is DEAD (at least I hope it is).  Every deer I've ever field dressed I removed the anal tract. Either by splitting the pelvis or by reaming (cutting) the anus out of the deer.  Otherwise you leave crap in the deer and that is not good.   :nofgr:  This tool makes the job easier.  Whats wrong with that? 

It is an animal.  So what is the big deal?   :confused:   

Semp,

No big deal, just being facetious.  :laf: :laf:

If it works as described, I have no issue with people wanting to use it. I would certainly rather see them use a "gimick" than burst the bladder while trying to core the anus out....

pitw

Semp do you think you could boil that thingy for a couple weeks, then store it in alcohol or something until the LBL. :wo:  Then you could bring it over for us to peruse :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Have you ever field dressed a gut shot deer? What did you do with your knife afterward?  Throw it away?   :eyebrownod:

pitw

KySongDog

Then you don't bow hunt much.   :nono:

pitw

JohnP

For the past 3 or 4 years every time I walked past them at Wal-Mart I would pick one up, read the directions, shake my head and put it back on the shelf.  Based upon Semp's recommendations I now am the proud owner of a "Butt Out".  If I don't get a chance to use it on a deer I'll take Slagmaker's recommendation.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

JohnP, keep your receipt and if it doesn't work out for you just take it back to Wally World.  They got a 90 day no questions asked return policy.   :laf:

Washing of the "Butt Out" tool before returning is optional.    :biggrin:   But probably would be appreciated by the ladies at the Customer Service Desk.    :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com