• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

BOGgear announces a new model shooting sticks

Started by possumal, August 08, 2010, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

IMO, BOGgear is making the best shooting sticks available today, and their new model shows just how innovative their company is. BOGgear LLC announced the official release of its brand new BOG-POD tripod, the CLD-3S. The CLD-3S (Camo Legged Devil Short Tripod) is the compact version of BOGgear's already very popular, full-sized camo tripod, the CLD-3.  With all the same great features of the CLD Series, the CLD-3S is a shorter and lighter model that is perfect for carrying when size and weight really matter, yet is still rock solid, reliable, and ideal for almost any shooting need.

Here is a link for you to take a look:  http://www.boggear.com/cld_shooting_sticks.html

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

That model is not cheap, but looks like it is well put together.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Boy they ARENT cheap are they? :huh: Wow.
They must be waterheads
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

A lot of engineering involved in developing this particular model.  There was a lot of interest shown in developing shooting sticks that you could use in the prone position.  This model allows you to shoot in any position from prone to kneeling but is still light and compact for carrying, yet very strong and solid.  All their products are very well made.  They are currently working on something to work well with AR's.

The feature that all of their models has that I like the most is the cradle pivoting 360 degrees.  You don't have to move the sticks when a shot presents itself from a different angle.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

WOW, nice price - if'n ya got a lot of disposable money.  I don't like sticks, lost more coyotes using them then not.  I guess I'm just to old, I do ok sitting on my butt with my elbows resting inside my knees.  If I'm calling while standing I'll be proped up against an old mesquite tree and using it for a rest. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on August 10, 2010, 04:32:53 PM
WOW, nice price - if'n ya got a lot of disposable money.  I don't like sticks, lost more coyotes using them then not.  I guess I'm just to old, I do ok sitting on my butt with my elbows resting inside my knees.  If I'm calling while standing I'll be proped up against an old mesquite tree and using it for a rest.  

Ditto with John's whole post.   But I'm kind of a dinosaur.   More power if you like um.  It's just one more thing to carry, adjust, fiddle with etc. and forget to pick up and take with me after the shooting.  Given that there is usually something available in nature to provide what the sticks do,  it's not worth the money nor carrying them to me.  John and I don't fit their customer demographic!    :laf:

It looks like a good military device.  

A friend of mine bought a special bi-pod for one hunt we did together.  Come shooting time the legs on his bi-pod were too short for the spot, so he leaned on a juniper tree to make a perfect shot.  He has already bought a new set of bi-pods.

With my thyroid condition I do favor rests and use them all I can.  Thinking over the last few years on game big and small, I've used a tree twice, pack three times,  pack on top of a bush once, fence post twice, sitting braced on knees five times, wooden walking stick I'd picked up once, and four offhand standing at antelope to moose size critters from 20-70 yards.  I consciously did not like to take the standing offhand shots even at 20 yards but there was not time nor viability for for other options given the terrain, vegetation, etc.  A single wooden rod walking stick is the quickest and most infinitely variable shooting steady I know of though I usually don't have one in hand unless I pick one up to help me navigate a bad patch of terrain.

Will add that using some kind of steady will make nearly all of us WAY better shots on game, so don't let my curmudgeon style discourage using a shooting rest, be it a carry along Bog or an improvised log.

Say, that reminds me of the perfect rest over a log one time at a 6 point bull elk in Idaho.  That log fit me better than any bench rest I've ever seen.  I'd still be carrying it if it wasn't 30 feet long and two feet thick and way down in Hell's Canyon...  and doggone if i didn't forget to pick it up and take it with me in all the excitement after the shot. :biggrin:

vvarmitr

Quote from: Okanagan on August 21, 2010, 03:10:55 PM
Say, that reminds me of the perfect rest over a log one time at a 6 point bull elk in Idaho.  That log fit me better than any bench rest I've ever seen.  I'd still be carrying it if it wasn't 30 feet long and two feet thick and way down in Hell's Canyon...  and doggone if i didn't forget to pick it up and take it with me in all the excitement after the shot. :biggrin:
:doh2:  :rolleye:
:laf:

Would like something like that for g'hoggen, but the price would be a factor.  :sad:

Okanagan

Quote from: vvarmitr on August 21, 2010, 03:49:49 PM
Quote from: Okanagan on August 21, 2010, 03:10:55 PM
:doh2:  :rolleye:
:laf:

Would like something like that for g'hoggen, but the price would be a factor.  :sad:

BOG-LOG for g'hoggin. 

Quick, start selling it before somebody elses does!

Al, my apology for highjacking your thread about quality gear.  No malice intended!

possumal

No offense taken.  That is funny I don't care who you are.   :laf: :laf:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff