• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Military gun shoot

Started by Frogman, May 30, 2011, 11:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I attended another machine gun shoot on Sunday 5/29/11 at the Fort Harmar outdoor range near Marietta OH.  These shoots are a real hoot.  Hundreds of guys walking around with big grins on their faces.  Only in America!!  Following are some pictures.  I will try to post up a couple of videos too.  If I can get them posted you will want to turn up the volume to get the real feel for the event!

Above is the firing line.  It was over 100 yards long with hundreds of belt fed and shoulder fired fully automatic and simi auto military firearms.

Down range about 200 yards were the targets.  Two old junker vehicles, several refrigerators, some propane tanks, etc.  Many of the items are loaded with tannerite, an explosive that explodes when struck by a bullet.  Great fun!!

Above are a few of the guns.  That long one is a Finnish Lahti anti tank rifle!  It fires a cartridge similar to the .50 caliber.  The cannon was a homebuilt that fires black powder rounds.  Made a big bang!

The range officer doing the safety briefing.

Some shooters having fun!  The last picture is my son shooting one of the belt fed guns!  What a hoot!  For a ten dollar fee spectators could go right up to the fining line.  Lots of the gun owners will let you shoot their guns if you ask them.  My son and I both got to shoot this gun.  I will try to post up some video next??  Hope it comes out OK!  Be sure to turn up the sound!!

That last video is Frogman shooting the belt fed!

Here are a couple of shots of the cars near the end of the shoot.

What a great way to spend Memorial weekend Sunday!!  Hope you guys enjoyed this as much as my son and I.  They will have another one at the end of October.  check out their web site at fortharmarrifleclub.com.

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

looks like you guys had a blast there Jim!!! Those shoots are really cool & we have to attend one someday.  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Thanks for sharing!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

That looks like A LOTTA fun !
Scott

riverboss

Jim looks like you had alot to see glad you had fun and i sure enjoyed seeing the pics.

shaddragger

:yoyo: :biggrin: love the videos Frogman! That is layin out the bress right there!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Roundman

I've had a good number of cars I'd like to have shot.  :biggrin:  What a way to spend a day. Thanks for sharing.

FinsnFur

I'll bet that was a lot of fun to do again. Now thats a firestorm :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com