• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ocean City, MD

Started by Dave, May 31, 2011, 08:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Had a family reunion in Ocean City, Maryland over Memorial Day wkend.  In-laws side, so I brought some fishing gear!  Dante and I hit the inlet area and did pretty good on two night fishing jaunts from alongside the rocks (you can practically fish from the sidewalk).  We could see fish 'popping' in the moving outgoing tide.  There were streetlights on in the parking lot adjacent to where we were fishing, which served a dual purpose; it allowed us to see without headlamps, but more importantly it attracted baitfish.  This is what the bigger fish were popping on.  We managed to catch about 8 small stripers the 1st night (between 12 to 20 inches), and then other night we caught about 7 Tog (2 were keepers - better than 14") 15 stripers to 24" (They need to be 28"), and what I think is an Oyster Cracker. 
Here are a few pics of it all.
Most of the stripers would only hit the smallest bucktails I had (I believe 1/16th oz - I'm guessing whatever they were feeding on was pretty small.

I was throwing plugs to try for something a little bigger.  You can see the plug hooked into it's lip, and the top of its head - ouch.

The Oyster Cracker

The Tog - these things only eat crabs.  Wow, this is the best tasting fish I've ever eaten.  The meat is super white, and the fish has a lot of meat on it.  During the day on the beach, we caught some sand crabs and tossed them in a bucket to use as bait for them.  Dante caught all of these.  They're great at stealing bait, too.

And I had to take this, I say I had to take this last pic for Jim

Oh yeah, we did spend some time on the beach - here's Sarah and Dante

Tikaani

Now Dave I am not the judgmental type "to each his own" "live and let live" "Que Sera, Sera" but just how to you know how big Jim's pecker is.  By the way the pictures were great, that oyster cracker is one butt ugly fish.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Dave

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Dave on May 31, 2011, 08:22:12 PM
Had a family reunion in Ocean City, Maryland over Memorial Day wkend.  In-laws side, so I brought some fishing gear!

You might need to rephrase this.  It sound like you would rather fish than spend time with the in-laws.    :innocentwhistle:

Glad that you got to spend some time with the kids.  That is always fun.

Jerry

FinsnFur

:alscalls: :alscalls: Nice!  :laf:

Looks like an interesting day for everyone. I think I would have vowed to the surf myself as hot as it was here. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com