• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

"Eyes"

Started by pitw, May 23, 2016, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

So I went fishing with my youngest and biggest fisherman buddy.  322 miles in an old Ford got us to the lake where we spent 3 nights and a couple+ days of fishing.  We caught mostly Walleyes with a spattering of Northern Pike thrown in just to break the monotony.

We caught over sixty of this size and larger Walleyes.  Donny caught a 15, 13 and 12 lb Northern pike of the dock.:holdon:

There were scads of these black cormorants[I think] around along with Grebes, Pelicans, Loons, ducks and Geese.

Water was cool as ice was not many days ago.

Dang fish are great just outta the water as we did a Pike/Walleye taste test.

Even fish gotta put up with their form of Liberals.

and other little issues.

Never saw any rain on the trip but my rain gauge showed 4.25 inch's when I got home which is a life saver for my area. We were up much nearer the fires at Fort Mac and there was a lot of smoke in the air.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Looks like a great time Barry.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Over 60!!! WoW...it's like a Walleye paradise. Man I would love that :biggrin:
Those are some honking Walleyes too. I am so envious
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Yep, envious!  You got some fabulous eating and fishing as well. 

Dave

Nice - I'm on the envious wagon too. 
Glad to hear about the rain. 

Hawks Feather

Looks like a great time and even better eating. 

Jerry

Dale

you are my hero... love catching walleye almost as much as I do eating them...  pike is like a T-bone, where walleye I like a Porterhouse...  glad y'all did well...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

pitw

I enjoy catching 'Eyes" too. I will admit that after the taste test both Donny and myself agreed we liked the Pike better at this lake.  Could be the cold water, the size of the fish but whatever we did agree.  It was windy where we were and that was good as it kept the swarms of bugs off us.   :biggrin:

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on May 24, 2016, 02:05:40 PM
I enjoy catching 'Eyes" too. I will admit that after the taste test both Donny and myself agreed we liked the Pike better at this lake.  Could be the cold water, the size of the fish but whatever we did agree.  It was windy where we were and that was good as it kept the swarms of bugs off us.   :biggrin:

Interesting.  Everybody I've fished with in those cold lakes north of LaRonge have been surprised that they liked the pike up there better than walleye.  Me too.

It is supper time here and I'm hungry for fish but ain't got no pike nor walleye. :sad:

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on May 24, 2016, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: pitw on May 24, 2016, 02:05:40 PM

Interesting.  Everybody I've fished with in those cold lakes north of LaRonge have been surprised that they liked the pike up there better than walleye.  Me too.

It is supper time here and I'm hungry for fish but ain't got no pike nor walleye. :sad:

We are eating fish as soon as Bobby gets back with a spray rig[15 minutes] :eyebrownod:
I don't get it often enough[like most everything I enjoy] :nofgr:.
Have heard the Indians say that "eyes are a junk fish"  :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Junk fish!???
Ummmmm no  :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on May 24, 2016, 09:08:00 PM

Maybe they only like salmon.

Jerry

Dale

Quote from: Hawks Feather on May 25, 2016, 10:14:03 AM
Quote from: pitw on May 24, 2016, 09:08:00 PM
Maybe they only like salmon.
Jerry

I've heard several times the natives {Michigan} like suckers out of cold water... I've tried them a bunch of times made several different ways, smoked, breaded and fried and seasoned and pan sautéed, and they've always been good... people fuss about the bones in them, I figure that just slows you down so you can savor the flavor...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...