• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Different Job Today.

Started by pitw, October 13, 2009, 06:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I was enjoying life last evening and playing a card game with the boys when the phone rang.  Like an idiot I answered it :doh2:. Butch a neighbor 4 miles west says "Barry, ol' buddy ol' pal".  Never a good thing to hear but oh well.  He needed an operator today as his had important business.  I showed up at 8am this morning for coffee with three of the best friends and neighbors there are on this mans earth. Then I was given my steed for the day and it had all these neat levers and things.

You can do anything you want with them levers but trust me you ain't going no where without this one. 

That is now the Johnson bar and I had a lot of entertainment figuring that out. [Funny how the training around here always involves just "Thats yours to run".

Butch then started filling us and off to doing what I do best.

Some pics of what I could see while doing this extremely hard work.

Now I'm back home and still slinging it but only in a different arena. 

Guys if any of you ever make it up here you will be meeting and hunting on the three guys places I was with today.  This is helping your neighbor in order to help yourself at it's best and Judy, Butch's wife fed us a dinner that you just don't get in any restaurant. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Silencer

we use 2 of the same tractors at work, one larger and one about the same size, I'm not sure the model numbers but both are 4 wheel drive.  I use the larger one with the bucket for spreading and snow removal.  I got her on a icy hill last year and pretty much soiled my pants going down backwards...got a little cocky with that 4x4 and big tires.  lol

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Looks like a shitty job, but someone has to do it.    :eyebrownod:

Jerry

HaMeR

When it comes to slingin shit ol Butch knew who to call RIGHT AWAY!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I used to get in a little trouble here myself because I helped the older neighbors all the time. I would shut the mower off & just leave it in the yard & hear "You could have at least finished our yard 1st."  Well I guess I was brought up to help the elderly neighbors at a moments notice.  :biggrin:  Good thing you folks have going on up there Barry!! I'm glad to see helping one another is still in fashion.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

He must know you very well and knew you'd be GOOD at it Barry.
Spreadin Shit that is  :roflmao: :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

There was fertilizer sprayin' in that pic.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Yotehntr

Well ain't that some sh__!   :roflmao:  :roflmao:  Glen's right help'n folks out... that's the right way to be for sure!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

alscalls

No one Fling's it better! ....... :laf: :laf:  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

Sorry Barry,

You try to do a good thing and someone like me comes along, makes a post, and the next thing you know the whole thread has gone to pot (and not the weed kind of pot).

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 14, 2009, 07:43:10 AM
Sorry Barry,

You try to do a good thing and someone like me comes along, makes a post, and the next thing you know the whole thread has gone to pot (and not the weed kind of pot).

Jerry

Jerry every once in a while a man has to do what needs done :congrats:.  I don't mind pot and being a bit of a master jacker myself I expect all posts to get derailed :laf: :laf:.  You and the rest of the guys on this site are thought of just the same as these neighbors I help and share good times with.

HaMeR

I told ya he's good!!!  :wink:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

timbertoes

Looks like you have the good life figured out :)
has to be better with those skills, than the cubicle life.
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

pitw

Quote from: timbertoes on October 14, 2009, 09:21:38 AM
Looks like you have the good life figured out :)
has to be better with those skills, than the cubicle life.

Our cubicles can be a tad small but the view is usually pretty fair and it changes regularily :wink:

HaMeR I've been accused of being the best biggest  :biggrin:.

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  And we do enjoy it here!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

No wonder you were so eager to help ...  you got to use a bucket loader w/ probably a heated cab.
Back in my day you used the "Armstrong" loader & a cabless  tractor  & hoped you didn't get hit in the back of the head while "spreading the contents of the stable to dry in the sun." As my Father was fond of saying.

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on October 15, 2009, 09:09:51 AM
No wonder you were so eager to help ...  you got to use a bucket loader w/ probably a heated cab.

Butch runs the loader, I got the cadillac :laf: :laf:  Life on the farm isn't the back breaking work it once was for sure but it still has it's moments :pout: