• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The President and the Whiskey Tumbler

Started by JohnP, November 06, 2009, 11:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Shortly after the newly elected President took office a small select group of soldiers were invited to Camp David for some festivities and congratulations by the President. During the course of the evening we all got to talk to the President and First Lady and it was actually like talking to an old friend you haven't seen in a long while. Cocktails before dinner while mixing with the White House Staff and few of the newly appointed cabinet members was a real treat. During this mingling period I was enjoying a cocktail out of a very nice whiskey tumbler, etched with the Great Seal of the United States. I made a comment to one of the staffers that this was really a nice piece of crystal and the etching was flawless. He acknowledged what I had said and we moved on to another subject. Dinner was great and I even got to sit across from the President. We talked about a wide range of subjects, nothing earth shocking revealed just idle chit-chat. After dinner we arose as one, saluted the new Commander-in-Chief and thanked him and the First Lady for a most enjoyable evening and one which I will always remember. A few days later a small package arrived at our quarters, the return address - The White House. Inside were two nice crystal tumblers and a beer mug, all etched with the Great Seal and a one word hand written note on White House stationary: "Enjoy", signed President Reagan.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Todd Rahm

Yotehntr

I'll never forget where I was when he got shot.  He is one of the "greats".  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Bills Custom Calls

I was 16 years old when he took office.We had a little 12 inch TV I got to watch a few of the debates on and that was only because the weather was right or I talked my little brother into standing in the right spot so the reception was so so  :nono: no bull shit

I was working at the meat market and bet the Inspector in Sept that Reagen would win this election and he   :roflmao: :roflmao: at me,but bet me anyway by the 2nd week in Nov I walked away with his $5 and was happy as a lark  :laf:

That wasn't good enough then he tried to win his money back on the super bowel and lost another $5  :nono: can't remember who even played

Yep Ronald Reagan was and still is the greatest President of my time
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

msmith

QuoteYep Ronald Reagan was and still is the greatest President of my time

+1  :yoyo: You're makin' me feel old though Bill, I was 17 when he took office.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Bills Custom Calls

They always tell me your only as old as you feel

Right now I feel like iam in my early  20's this evening I will be 75+  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HuntnCarve

A very cool story John.  About a president who's sadly missed, but thoughtfully remembered...

Dave

nastygunz

Quote from: Todd Rahm on November 06, 2009, 11:56:41 PM
Best President ever, in my book.  :congrats:

Amen to that :yoyo:..he was like a god to the troops when I was in, compare our current "leader" to him  :puke:

FinsnFur

Thats a cool story John. So tell us what went through your mind when you opened that package and seen that? :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 07, 2009, 09:52:03 AM
Thats a cool story John. So tell us what went through your mind when you opened that package and seen that? :wink:

Damn!  Total dis-belief, first because the staffer remembered and passed the info to the President and second that the President cared enough and took the time to send me a gift. 

I also have a few stories about President Carter and VP Mondale, none that I can repeat on the web but would pass on in a face to face discussion. 

P.S.  Even cheap whiskey taste good in that tumbler :wink:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

There is a bunch of us that long for the second coming of Reagan.   :wink:

BTW, that was a very cool story.   :bowingsmilie:

iahntr

Good stuff ! I just almost can't imagine the stories you could tell John.  :wink:
Interesting for sure ! Thanks for sharin em with us.
Scott

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!