• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Which Bow?

Started by Todd Rahm, October 13, 2010, 05:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighterknot

Take a look at the Diamond bows by Bowtech if you get a chance.  I held a couple Matthews bows including the new Z7 and then held a Diamond stud(I think that was the model) and it was a no brainer on which one I wanted to tote around for any extended period of time.  Those Matthews bows felt a lot heavier.
Chad

Todd Rahm

Actually we did that Knot. We were looking at the Razors Edge for the kids, but they both seem to like the feel of the Missions better, and what I liked about the Missions over the Edge, was that they had a lil more range for weight and draw. Of course this is for the kids.

Me on the other hand, I agree with ya on the feel. I held a lot bows this week and some just feel great in the hand and others feel like your holding an over weight, off balanced, uncomfortable rock in your hands.  :innocentwhistle: I'm still waiting to check a few out and one being the PSE X-Force Super Short.

Guys a really appreciate your input and advice and I'm soaking it all in as I'm still a ow dummy.  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Well we got Wyatt a Mission Craze and ordered a Mission Menice fir Kenna. if they both stick with it, I'll join them.  :biggrin:

HaMeR

Cool deal Todd!!!!!!!!!!! Pics are forthcoming right??  :innocentwhistle:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Scott

Todd Rahm

Yeah pics if'n the wife doesn't lynch me first.  :innocentwhistle: There was a communication break down between us yesterday (My fault) and we pick up bow cases for them and I thought they were getting them now. So after school I brought them in the house and said here's your bow cases as the wife looked at me in disbelief and stated "Merry Christmas".  :doh2:

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  That's funny right there!! Done that myself so I feel like I can laugh atcha!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

msmith

Todd,

Those Mission bows certainly are sweet! Don't over look them when picking a bow for yourself. Another good brand is the Quest bows. Myself, I just picked up a Diamond Ice Storm. It's a Cabela's exclusive, I think it is last year's Ice.

I had to get something a little smoother and less draw weight than the 63# Browning I have. I could not draw it back painlessly due to a torn rotator cuff and torn ligaments in my elbow. This Diamond is silky smooth and a treat to draw at 58#. I said all that to say this...The few bows I have had in my life have been nice bows, but never high end bows. My buddy has a high end Hoyt and a Matthews Z7. He has around $2500 in both not including arrows. My Diamond was $600 + tax fully equipped and set up, and I felt sick writing the check for it. I am no great hunter by any means, but I usually hunt less and kill more deer than him. Like Al said, it's more your confidence in what you ultimately choose more than anything as well as scouting and set up. I guess I'm sayin' don't get hung up on gizmos and speed. I chronied my bow at a blazing 241fps, it works.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Todd Rahm

Here's the kids with new bows.

Thanks Mike! I'm much along the same lines as you in the thought process. My only hang up is,  I know nothing about bows yet.

HaMeR

Those youngsters have good form Todd. They musta been paying attention to details when they took those classes. Good for you & the kids.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11