• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Peach cobbler development

Started by Okanagan, August 29, 2011, 07:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Saw some fresh peaches yesterday which gave me a hankering for fresh peach pie so I bought some.  As I prepped peaches for the pie I put the slices in a square Corningware deep dish/bowl.  Then I decided to leave them there, put a crust lid on them and make a cobbler the way my mother did years ago.  Dumped the brown sugar, nutmeg etc. into the deep dish of peach slices, put on a thick crust and popped it in the oven.   I always go short on the sugar because I like such pies & cobblers a little tart, giving them a sharper kick with good ice cream.

Wow did it ever look good when I took it out, peach juice like syrup bubbled over the edges and through a crack in the golden crust.  I thought, "That would make a fabulous photo for F&F food forum," but I would have had to dig my camera out of the carry-on bag unpacked from my last trip... so I scooped out some, put on pile of French Vanilla ice cream to cool it and started eating.  It didn't look quite as photogenic then, and I never did take a pic but wowser was it ever good!  Had some more for breakfast... and lunch... :wink:

FinsnFur

Yeah I'm going to have to call bull$#@ on this one :waiting:
I dont believe ya without pics :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology