• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hooked on Fishing, Not On Drugs !!!

Started by Silencer, May 28, 2010, 02:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

What a great day to wet a line.  Overcast sky, not too hot, just right.  The kids gathered for a quick safety briefing.

Then it was off to find a spot where you wouldnt get hooked or hook someone else.  Before long Devon had his first and second fish.

Then that part of the shore started to get crowded.  So I found a nice thick spot down a steep bank and cleared it out enough to get the line in.   Devon kept missing a fish, it'd pick up the bait and run for a nearby log.   Within a few more casts he brings in this big boy !!!

Silencer

He then caught a couple more on our bank

Time flew by, next thing ya know it was lunch, here's the chow line

After a quick lunch we were back at it

Silencer

The bite died off after lunch but what a great day was had by all.   I'm very grateful the school does this for the kids.   Pretty awesome program !!!!   This is the 3rd time I got to go along with my kids.  I dont have anymore kids growing up so I'm gonna miss this.

Now its time an afternoon nap for dad... lol...   

KySongDog

Glad everyone had a great time!   Great pics!   That is a heck of a nice fish in that bottom photo too.   :congrats:

pitw

What a great way to spend a day :biggrin:.  Looked like a good idea gone right to me :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

Great pictures and a great day.  Always enjoy seeing kids hunting and fishing.  Thanks for sharing your day here with us.

Hunt hard, Die tired.
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

alscalls

NICE BASS!    Looks like a GREAT time!!!!!  Now when ya going again...... :biggrin:    :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Those are some pretty nice size Bluegills too. I havent seen anything like that up here for a long time.
Looks like a great place to spend an afternoon.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com