• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

new painted divers

Started by Silencer, April 09, 2008, 10:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Add 4 divers to my spread for the river, also touched up some mallard heads so they werent so shiny.  Not too sure I like my mallard heads, couldnt get the color I wanted but I still think they'll work.  Did em with spray cans so they arent perfect but by the ducks will be dead before they see the overspray  :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Nice job. Which end do ya blow in?

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

I'd use the end with the bill, if you blow in the other end you may end up with a mouthfull  :nono:

Coulter

Dang...I just go buy new ones when my dekes get dirty or scratched up :biggrin: Nah, not really it sure would be nice though :eyebrownod:

You oughtta try to make your way up here this fall and we'll get after some of the divers on Lake Erie :eyebrow:

Steve

Silencer

Steve, PA license w/stamp work where you're at ? 

The dekes were originally mallard "tangle free" brand, 20 bucks a dozen and the paint chipped and wore right off.

The larger mallard are old flambeu's a guy give me last year.

I just picked up some acrylics at Wallyworld to finish up the eyes, they look much better now.

Coulter

Well, ya might want to bring a gun too...I have some, but you might consider bringing your own :laf: and if ya shoot anything like my buddy - bring your own shells too :roflmao:

Yep, PA license, Federal Duck stamp, and migratory bird card (HIP card) is all ya need. The same as anywhere else in PA. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to get a blind this year. I have a few inland areas we could hit too, if you want to chase some woodies and mallards :eyebrow:

Steve

Silencer

Cool, I'll have to get in touch with ya tward the season, if I can keep my wife workin the summer after her school job lets out  :sneer: 

I have a few hundred 2's, 3's, and BB steel already.  Stocked up when the sale started after season  :biggrin:
2 shotguns, a semi and if it takes a dump I'll have my pump  :roflmao:

I'm working tward an addition to my goose spread, but them damn things are so expensive.
Been thinking of making my own Silo's this summer, seems an easy project the boys and I can handle.

Coulter

I may have a couple of prime areas for geese too. I have to do a bit more scouting, but what I saw last season had me drooling. If you do make it up here I will have to warn you - you may fall victim to some exagerated stories that find there way into a book. I haven't discounted a waterfowl book yet. I simply made the predator / furbearer book my first priority. Consider yourself warned :biggrin:

Hope ya can make it,
Steve

Silencer

Steve, I've already told my wife I going to the big water :)   I'm totally tickled pink.   Also told work to be expecting me to be out in the fall.  Only one question, can I bring my oldest boy of 15 with me ?  He's a good young man, and better hunter.  Very safe with a firearm.  He's a "stud" in his mind, but still just my oldest skid  stain... LOL.   

I re-painted my divers, here's a current pic in my basement/workshop.

Coulter

Great!! Maybe I'll try to befriend one of these guys up here with a layout boat too :eyebrow: Of course you can bring your son. I would never deny a young one time out in the field, especially with his old man :innocentwhistle: As long he is safe and knows his way around bring him on up. And what 15 year old doesn't consider himself a stud :eyebrownod: I'll have to try and save a day or two off this fall as well. It seems that the best hunting always falls on a Thursday or Friday :rolleye: We'll keep an eye on the weather up north and try to plan accordingly. I would say sometime in December is going to be the best bet, but we'll see what happens. Thanksgiving time has been okay in some years.

Give me a call and we'll try to talk about it some more. Let me know if you don't have my number.

Steve