• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

5 DIVE!

Started by nastygunz, October 19, 2008, 09:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I had a pretty wild hunt today....got 5 birds in some wild and wooly shooting....I had one bird bombing right at me...I shoot him n nail him...hes literally coming right at me....pretty sure he was going to hit me so I fired again in self defense at about 15 feet and knocked him off to the side....then I hit a different bird who came down n made a run for it....I whipped out the .22 red dotted Taurus Tracker 6 shooter and took him out with a hollow point....then this one crow flying high all alone across the corn field....I hit him with crow fight high volume....pays no heed..hes almost across the field...I switch to death cry...he does a sharp turn and drops to about 20 feet altitude and comes screaming back across the field right at me!...I wait...wait...BANG....crow down...pretty weird....I have to answer the call of nature...Im watering the brush...:)...I turn around to grab my gun...caller is on mute....never heard a thing...crow is LOW circling the owl decoy...I pull on him...let er rip....nothing...LEFT THE SAFETY ON.....HE COMES AROUND AGAIN...splashdown in the pond!...last crow comes in with 3 others....only 2 leave..")...WHAT A BLAST!...no pun intended :)

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on October 19, 2008, 09:17:39 PM

..WHAT A BLAST!...no pun intended :)

What EVER :iroll:    :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hey I think they was ganging up on you. Sounds like them boyz played that game before :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

You know they are close when you get showered with feathers  :biggrin:...moving right along...

So here in NH its gettin mighty chilly...still havent had any HUGE flocks that Ive seen...I have been getting small groups of 1,2,3,4,5 birds coming in...the owl in the pic that I use often does get the birds attention....sometimes gets them really worked up...Ive had birds bomb it without even using the caller...BUT, being a thinking man and keen observer of nature...I very seldom see any type of owl out in the daytime...BUT just this last week 3 times I have seen crows chasing big redtail hawks...or the hawks moving in on the crows when they are responding to the caller...had one hawk screaming loud as he was circling over the crows...Im thinking the crows would be more aggressive and familiar with the hawk...being a daytime hunter and denizen of fields and farms where the crows usually are found...to that end I am going to look around for a hawk decoy...preferably a big red tail hawk decoy...I am then going to load the red tail hawk scream into my FX3 Foxpro and see how the black bandits react to it...Im thinking ill get more bang from the hawk!

Silencer

Most times when we're out crow hunting we see the hawks as well, alot of the times the hawk will pull the crows away from our spread when they see it fly by.   They make a mojo hawk I think.