• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

TURKEY HUNTING WITH ELECTRONIC CALLER?

Started by nastygunz, March 07, 2009, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Heres a question for you fellas...I was on another forum and a guy posted pics of 2 nice gobblers he got..using his Foxpro Scorpion electronic caller which is legal in Maine....so my question is...if they were legal in your state...would you use one to turkey hunt with?...Ill lead off with my answer... I own a Foxpro FX3 and have called turkeys in with it when it is not hunting season...and it is INCREDIBLY effective ...I just think it would make it too dang easy using it to hunt with...so I might be tempted but Id keep on doing it the old fashioned way.

Caribou dreamer

If it was legal i would use it for sure. :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Hunt hard stay late and watch your back!

alscalls

Many times I will move farther back from the shooter and call....This will make the gobbler think the hen is leaving and he might move closer to the shooter.
If I were hunting by myself I could put the caller behind me and start with a mouth call finishing with the E-caller......
It would in NO WAY make it easier to hunt turkeys....just a little less work for the caller. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

I would not use an electronic call.  Too easy in my opinion.  That would be about like throwing out some shelled corn.    :rolleye:

Silencer

No electro's for me, I love talkin with em, imo you cant have a conversation with an electro.   

alscalls

An E-caller can never replace the feeling put into a calling set thats why I dont like em much. It can only repeat itself.
AL

nastygunz

Have you ever used one on turkeys ? :wink:

Quote from: alscalls on March 07, 2009, 06:36:42 PM
An E-caller can never replace the feeling put into a calling set thats why I dont like em much. It can only repeat itself.

alscalls

No......an E-caller would spoil it for me....I just think that the caller should be able to think as the action unfolds and an E-caller can not do that......You gotta change the feeling as the mood of the bird changes and I just dont like pushing buttons and hearing a repeat sound......I like working the birds myself. Thats why I call for other people.....It aint about killing. :nono:
AL

nastygunz

:wink:

msmith

IF we could use an e-caller, I would. Not to replace manual calls, but to blend with. One of the things I like to do is get a hen fired up. I'll mock her by repeating everything she says as exact as I can. I figger if I get her goin' she's better at it than me. You can't do that with an e-caller, but it would be nice to be able to put one a few yards away and gobble with it occasionally (adding to the safety factor of gobbling) or add a few yelps to MY calling, giving the impression of multiple turkies. This is when I hunt by myself, which is about 75% of the time.  Buuuttt, since we can't, I don't and I don't feel handicapped by it.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

nastygunz

Theres a reason they wont let you use them for turkeys and waterfowl in most states... :eyebrow:....e-callers are death on crows as we know....e-callers seem to be particularly deadly on birds....Im guessing that would be that the avians are much more vocal then most creatures :wink:

Hidehunter

:wo:  I think I would have to try it out but for the most part I would just use my mouth and slate calls.  I think for the most part set-up is more important than anything.
Denver