Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Nice shot Jim. Or should I say nice video?   :biggrin:

remrogers

My brother took a series of pictures, in Poudre Canyon, Colorado. Six deer were easily seen. When the deer finally stood and moved, there 38 of them in the last frame.

FinsnFur

Neither Jerry :nono:
Found it and had to share it :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Cool video.  First time watching it I had no idea to expect a whole bunch of deer to jump up.

Back in the mid-60's I was working on a ranch with my uncle in north central Oregon.  After work we would drive around and glass for deer.  My first such evening we stopped on the side of a huge canyon that runs down into the vast John Day River canyon.  Very little stunted sage six inches high, mostly short dry grass, with basalt bluffs and talus slopes here and there. 

We sat there a few minutes, looking at the vast opposite side of the canyon, maybe averaging a half mile across from us.  After a couple of minutes I was ready to drive on and my uncle just sat there.  Pretty soon he pointed out a deer bedded in a steep trace of ravine running down the dry opposite side of the canyon.  Then another one...  We both had good binculars and he liked a pair of 10x50's he had for such glassing. 

By the time we drove on we had counted 48 deer, all bedded, all in the open (sort of because there was not enough cover to fully hide a deer anywhere).  I learned a BUNCH!

nastygunz

Ruffed Grouse, almost impossible to spot in the woods until they flush right out from under your feet.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 29, 2024, 06:59:48 PMNeither Jerry :nono:
Found it and had to share it :laf:

I had seen it on Instagram the other day, but like to keep watching it. After several time I could find a couple more, but never did see all of them before the shot.