• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Canine down!

Started by ranger518vx, February 01, 2007, 09:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger518vx

Busted out of lab today over at Hancock Bio Station about 4:25 and hauled a$$ to get to my area to make a few stands before dark. Got on the backroad where I called one in a few days back and fortunately there were no tire tracks on it. So after scrambling to throw on some camo, I grabbed my .22 mag and beat feet down the ridge about 150 yds to the honey hole. No sooner did I sit down and finish my second calling sequence, a nice female came bounding down the ridgeline and stopped looking right at me at 65 yds. One squeeze sent a hollow square between her eyes. Suprisingly she fell over and her head flopped around a little bit until I placed a drain hole in the top of her noggin. Grabbed the dog and went to my second area right before total darkness and ended up having one come in on the ridge behind me, way too dark to shoot and not at all what I expected. Im pretty happy for what will probably be one of the last of my yote hunts at lbl for the year. Shoot strait fellas. I'll post a pic or two when I get a chance.

ranger518vx

And the shot placement...just about 1/8" right and 1/8" low of the center of the eyes...(small grey hole). :eyebrow:

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call