• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Atomic buffalo turds

Started by bigben, January 24, 2010, 02:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

oh yeah these things have got to be one of the best creations in the smoking world.  OMG  :bowingsmilie:

yeah I said it atomic buffalo turds.  here is the recipe.

10-15 jalapenos.
8oz block of cream cheese
shreaded cheese of your choosing
tbls of roasted garlic
tpls of your favorite meat rub.
bacon
1pkg of lil smokies

your gonna need a smoker or a way to cook for a few hours.  toothpicks and that should be it.

Take your jalapenos and split into boats with a knife. 

take all the seeds out and scrape the white vein out.  the more you leave the hotter it will be.  I scrapped all mine out. 

Take your cream cheese a cup of the shreaded cheese and mix together.  also mix in the rub and the garlic.

some recomend putting the concoction in a baggie and squeezing it out into the jalapenos.  I ended up using a butter knife and spreading it into the boats I created. 

place a lil smokie in the center and wrap with bacon.  I used cheap bacon which was a mistake.  good pepper bacon would be good on this. 

hold bacon in place with toothpicks. 

get your smoker fired up and keep the temp around 225-250.  place ABT's in smoker and smoke for 2-2.5 hours or until bacon is done.  my bacon was done in one hour but I smoked mine for 2.5 hours just because I could.  I placed the ABT's on a cookie trey and took them to my grandparents to let them try.  lets just say this is something you can really change up.

next time I am adding a extra tbls of garlic into the mix and then instead of lil smokies I am using peperoni.  try it they are awesome  :yoyo:
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FOsteology

Yes indeed, they're good. We make something quite similar here in Texas..... but we call them Armadillo eggs!  :biggrin:

msmith

Wow, thanks Ben! Another good recipe I'm gonna have to try.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Can you substitute the cream cheese with Silvadene?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FOsteology

It's a topical cream used for burns..... guess Jim was making a funny as jalapenos to some folks are "hot".  :laf:

msmith

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 24, 2010, 09:38:06 PM

That might help when the jalapenos got to the "exit" mode. :eyebrownod:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

slagmaker

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 24, 2010, 09:38:06 PM

Most likley you could but I am sure the flavor would suffer greatly.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

three days later these things weren't hot going in or coming out.  just mite t tasty.

FinsnFur

I love eating jalapenos, but they sure tare up my south side port :sad3:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

thinking on this the next time I make these it will be with crab meat and old bay.  dang that just sounds good.  the stuffing that you can put in these things are endless.  

in the summer time when were down at the creek we normally get the jar of sliced jalapenos out and take a slice of cheese and a cracker and eat the whole thing.  good scooby snacks for the creek.  but I agree with ya the coming out does get bad at times.  the ABT's aren't bad because you scrape the hot stuff out the white vein and the seeds. 

JohnP

Jalapeno is for wussies, habenaro's are for real men.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

bigben

IDK john.  habeneros are pretty friggin hot.  I know when I went to new mexico everything was hot.  even if you thought what you ordered wasn't I think it is a southwest thing.  I wonder what a habenero would taste like with this.   :confused:  you know what I think I will stick with jalapenoes.  I'll tell ya right now they are as hot as I can go.