• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My lbl trip

Started by Roundman, February 07, 2011, 06:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

I've not hunted much this season so the lbl was a much bigger deal this year.

Dan and I hit the trails hard on Thursday. We made more stands than I've ever made in a day and walking more miles than I care to count. (I need to find someone fat and out of shape to hunt with) Anyway, by the end of Thursday I was humbled. Not only did we not call in a coyote.... we didn't even call in a crow or hawk. 

Friday was a little better. I was able to take a monster armadillo. Called it in with the 350 Flowmaster call.  That evening we hit a area I've not hunted before. Finding some good sign we made a set. About 15 min in a coyote pops up over the hill. Couldn't ask for anything better. This dog was about 50-60 yards away. I pull the trigger and he runs off.  :argh:  I must of had a bullet failure! You know...the one that fails to hit the target.

Saturday was just like Thursday! Enough said.

Sunday I seen a coyote in an open field just off the road. The bad part....somebody shot it. I'm guessing the truck door held that rifle real steady.  Ok, moving on, half mile down the road I see a live kiyote in a field.  Tried to get out of the vehicle and get in position to call but it must have seen or heard us.

All in all I had a good time. Wish I could have spent more of it around the campfire at Wranglers.  It was good to see you guys again and I hope to make it again next year.

FinsnFur

The 350 flowmaster  :alscalls:
Ya gotta love the throaty rumble :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com