• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

RedBird WMA Hunt

Started by Jeb, February 06, 2009, 07:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeb

Any word from anyone there ? I know Rich went down Tuesday.
                             Jeb

FinsnFur

I was wondering the same thing. I imagine that anyone who is going or went would be there by now. Wonder if their putin any fur down.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Talked to CCP a short bit tonight. He said they had 5 coyotes down amongst the crew, and not everyone had made it in yet.
I imagine a lot of the guys couldn't get there till tonight.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Guys,
    Al and I just got back home at about 5:30 this evening.  We had a great time at the Redbird Hunt.   The area contains thousands of acres of reclaimed strip mines that are available to coyote hunters.  Lots of coyotes there too!  Al and I saw coyotes every day we were out.  I haven't had time to look at or download any photos yet, but I took a lot and so did everyone else so expect to see lots of them soon. 
    The following hunters had fur down when we left at 10:30 Sunday morning:

Jerry Dolman (PABrushwolf's friend) nice male
     PABrushwolf  nice male
     Frogman  mangy male with left front paw missing
     Yotehntr nice male
     HaMeR very nice big male
     Alscalls and I jumped a coyote in a meadow and emptied our ARs at it as it ran off.  We found blood and tracked it for a couple hundred yards, but finally lost the trail. 

This is all I am aware of at the time we left!

I had a great time and would like to thank Mallardsr, Weedwalker, CCP and any others who helped bring this hunt together in such a short time.  It was great talking to a lot of the guys I chat with on the forum face to face.  I even got to spend most of a day hunting with Weedwalker who hunts this area and knows it well.  Thanks again Ed.   I will post more stuff later as soon as I can get some pictures uploaded.  I'm sure lots of the others who were there will also be posting soon.  Stay tuned . . .  more to come!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

Thanks for the update.. cant wait to see some pics !!!

golfertrout

glad u had fun Jim, wish i could have went, wish I could get back to normal and do some hunting but right now i could only walk a short distance. One mangy yote is better then nothing. :biggrin:

Frogman

Hey Dave,
     Good to see you on the forum.  Al and I had a good time and hunted hard.  Hang in there, our prayers are with you!  You will be recovered and ready to get out with us again soon!!

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

weedwalker

Hey Y'all,
I want to thank Mallardsr for getting this hunt put together. If it wasn't for his quick efforts, it wouldn't have happened. Thanks Reggie. :congrats:
I had a great time at our Redbird hunt. It was nice to see good freinds once again, and meet some new freinds. All of you were just great.
Jim, I was glad to finally get a chance to hunt with you and Al. I hope we get a chance to hunt together again sometime.
I didn't get a coyote myself, this time, but I had a blast hunting with all of you. I got to hunt with Straycat for a day. And I also got to hunt with Bill and Kurtis for a day. That Kurtis sure can hammer those mouth calls. He was screaming death and dying all over those mountains.
The time went by too quick and I hated to leave. But I'll be looking forward to seeing y'all again at next years LBL.

Ed

golfertrout

Man i hope so , this laying around the house and going to doctors all the time sucks, I have cabin fever to the maxxxxxxxxx. :doh2:

Bills Custom Calls

Ed
Kurtis and I enjoyed hunting with you on Saturday
He was full of stories when He got home
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

alscalls

Say the word Dave and I will drive you out and drop you off then come back and pick ya up.we can use radios to tell when you are done with a set and I can do another set down the road!!!
We will get there someday soon hang in there!! :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

Ya'll don't know what you missed! I wish I'd come up earlier, 3 days wasn't enough. I laughed till I hurt, & probably hurt everyone's ears. Dang got to wait another year to do it again.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink: