• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I need tips for snare setups...

Started by bushmaster, March 18, 2008, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmaster

Hey guys, I picked up some #2 snares. I plan on setting a few on a fenceline that the yotes have been frequently using.  Any advice?
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

DirtyDog

I don't have any advice.......but good luck.  :wink:

i hope to find a place where I can do the same thing.

studabaka

My advice is don't do it...... assume you are still in NC?..... it's illegal..... recommend you review the regs.

BTW - footholds are also illegal outside of the regular trapping season except under a WDCA permit.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

bushmaster

are you serious?  why the heck would they sell them at a store in a state where its illegal? :confused:  thanks stew

studabaka

The store may carry them for beaver, which is the only thing that is legal to snare here.....  :shrug:

If you got a good spot to trap yotes, maybe we can hook up over the summer and I can give ya a little info on sets using foothold traps to catch them....if that's something you are interested in. Looks like we might get a regulation change for this fall where the season opens nov 1st instead of dec 1st  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

bushmaster