• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Scouting

Started by Buckrun, September 29, 2008, 03:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckrun

I went out today scouting the river. I only covered about half the area I will be trapping. I found lots of sign. There was a lot of coon tracks and trails along the river. Saw lots of muskrat scat on the rocks and logs. I am sure there will be mink running around.

I was getting ready to go back out and start driving stakes and running drounding wires. Then the sky opened up and I made a run on the 4 wheeler to get home. I was soaked.

My only concern is that some of the places are over my waist. Today was the first rain we have got in quite a while. If it takes a notion to start raining regularly it could get to deep to run the line. On the side of the river I have permission to trap the bank it 30 or more feet almost straight up. Could cause problems.

One of these times I go out I'll get some pictures.

Steve

cathryn

season starts for me Nov 1st.

good luck to you this fall.

Buckrun

Ohio is Nov. 10. I will be in GA. deer hunting for 4 or 5 days, returning on the evening of the 9. I hope to have all my sets made and traps out waiting on my return to be set on Monday the 10th.

Good luck to you also.

Steve

Coulter

Dang man...I'm still working on my traps. The season opens here on the 19th, but I probably won't set any steel until the 27th. I have been doing some scouting too and locked in a couple of new properties that look real promising. I have been setting some bait out in a few areas to get the critters coming in. I haven't tried this before, But I have wanted to for years. I had some perch remnants that I placed out a few days ago, I checked yesterday after two days and they were gone. I'll add some more in a day or two to keep 'em coming. I can't wait to set some steel. I have to go work on some calls and traps now...have a great season :yoyo:

Steve