• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Firefox

Started by pitw, November 05, 2009, 09:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Morning guys I finally got firefox installed on this computer.  I agree it is faster than the IE thingy :yoyo:.  I do however have a problem and was wondering if any of you can help out the one of the dumbest of the dumb[currently ranked 2nd].  There is a site I like to visit a lot that I cannot get into on firefox.  I can go to it but not sign in is what I mean.  I uninstalled the fox but that didn't help so I was hoping for more ideas to try.I've also deleted all cookies, browsing history and cached pages so what now?
I say what I think not think what I say.

bigben

not sure what to tell ya.  I recently switched to Firefox cause I hate windows.  I have never came across a problem like that.  I did however visit a site I rarely visit daily and it gave me a red screen warning me that it was a hazardous site. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Try clicking on Start, All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt

then, type FORMAT C:

when asked Y/N answer Y and hit enter

That should fix your problem.   :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: Semp on November 05, 2009, 02:06:23 PM
Try clicking on Start, All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt

then, type FORMAT C:

when asked Y/N answer Y and hit enter

That should fix your problem.   :biggrin:

This is what it look's like Semp when I do that.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
<C> Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Barrys >

With a cursor falshing at the end of the last arrow.  I typed in FORMAT C:  I hit enter and this came up. :shrug:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
<C> Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Barrys\FORMAT C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Enter current volume label for Drive C.

Hawks Feather

Semp,

I don't know non-Macs, but are you trying to get Barry to format his hard drive?  Like erase everything that is there.

Jerry

KySongDog

:roflmao:   :roflmao:   Jerry, ya spilt the beans!!!    :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Mallardsr

Uh! Yall are kiddin .......right? :holdon: :rolleye:

FinsnFur

Yikes...formatting your hard drive as in erasing everything is like the last of all resorts.
Semp must be trying to get even with ya for something  :laf:

But what exactly do you mean by, "I can go to it but i can't sign in"?
It's puffs smoke?
The lights flicker?
You forgot your password?
The wife screams, "Not again"?
You run out of time?
Your keyboard, freezes up?
Power surge?

:confused:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

yeah I wouldn't do what semp is tellin ya.  of course it will probably fix the problem but could be problematic when you want your stuff you just deleted. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 05, 2009, 10:40:54 PM

Semp must be trying to get even with ya for something  :laf:

Just messin' with Barry a little  :biggrin:  for that Ecaller hoax he pulled on everyone.  Even though he is a Canadian I knew he wouldn't be dumb enough to fall for that format c: joke.   :eyebrownod:   

Hawks Feather

Barry will be back in a couple of days when he get new operating software installed on his computer.   :laf:

JHerry

pitw

Quote from: Semp on November 06, 2009, 05:41:44 AM
 Even though he is a Canadian I knew he wouldn't be dumb enough to fall for that format c: joke.   :eyebrownod:   

Oh trust me he is dumb enough Semp. :doh2:   I know nothing of computers and I still don't know what that plan you had would have done to my computer but I can promise one thing if it had [Thing you did on your wedding night{I hope}] my computer I would never have come back on this site again :readthis:.[kinda/sorta like my convictions about Electronic callers].

pitw

I may know nothing about computers but I am learning how to put fur on the ground :wink:.

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Did you use that e-caller to call those?      :laugh2:     :laugh2:     :laugh2:

Jerry

KySongDog

Quote from: pitw on November 06, 2009, 08:26:48 AM
Quote from: Semp on November 06, 2009, 05:41:44 AM
  Even though he is a Canadian I knew he wouldn't be dumb enough to fall for that format c: joke.   :eyebrownod:   

Oh trust me he is dumb enough Semp. :doh2:   I know nothing of computers and I still don't know what that plan you had would have done to my computer but I can promise one thing if it had [Thing you did on your wedding night{I hope}] my computer I would never have come back on this site again :readthis:.[kinda/sorta like my convictions about Electronic callers].

If i offended you in any way I apologize[and your skins to thin] :wink: and hope I don't do it again  :doh2:

pitw

Quote from: Semp on November 03, 2009, 06:12:24 AM
I think I'm pretty much just going to call bullshit on anything that gets posted from now on.   :laf:   The trust factor on FnF has gone way down for sure.    :wink:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

KySongDog

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 06, 2009, 10:50:10 AM
Barry,

Did you use that e-caller to call those?      :laugh2:     :laugh2:     :laugh2:

Jerry

Nope.  I won't be telling how we got them cause you might not believe :pout:.

KySongDog

I believe-eh?   :yoyo:

:roflmao:   :roflmao:   :laugh2:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on November 06, 2009, 04:20:33 PM
Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 06, 2009, 10:50:10 AM
Barry,
Jerry
Nope.  I won't be telling how we got them cause you might not believe :pout:.

I know that you have that special ability to talk to the coyotes.  You just call out, invite them over to visit, and then KILL them.   :biggrin:

Jerry