• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

This is how my wife makes extra money.

Started by Bopeye, April 07, 2010, 06:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I got asked what fondant was in another post, because my wife teaches fondant and cake decorating classes. She also makes cakes for people on the side. Her cakes run anywhere from $75.00 on up.
Here are some pictures for those that were wondering. Keep in mind, everything on these cakes are edible and all hand made by her. They are made from fondant, different chocolates, poured sugar, buttercream and cake. They taste as good as they look and she keeps us in some good spending cash with her classes and cakes. Here's the pics.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

iahntr

Wow ! Very Impressive !!  :yoyo: :bowingsmilie:
Had to show my wife. That's what she said too,
"Wow, she's good"
Incredible detail, especially for everything to be edible !
              :highclap:       :highclap:
Scott

pitw

Oh man I put on the weight I lost yesterday by just looking at them goodies  :confused:.  My wife concurs with Scott's that them are finely done consumables. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

I'm hungry now & all Diane can say is how nice those look.  :laf: :laf:

Seriously that flower cake,, I'm guessing Lillies  :shrug: ,, is over the top!! They are all damn fine but that one is my favorite.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

Now that's some mighty fine looking fondant. :yoyo:   I'm right there with Glen, that's a very impressive flower cake :highclap:

Bop, I guess we now know how you maintain that stately figure of yours.  :eyebrownod:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

GunDog

Thanks Bop for educating me on another BIG word! Man them are some great looking goodies there. Hats off to the wife ... she definitely has a talent there man those are nice!  :highclap:

alscalls

Nice work!

I guess she had too.......... to compete with little Debbie....... :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Palegroe

Those are awsome I say you need to bring one of those bad boys to LBL next year as the grand priZe for the BITE ME AWARD!

I see you tried to hide that 5th pic by making it small.  Did she do that one as a sculpture of  for you for your birthday?   :alscalls:   :innocentwhistle:

If that is the prize I hope i'm in the running so step back SEMP.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Bopeye

Quote from: Palegroe on April 07, 2010, 09:01:22 PM
Those are awsome I say you need to bring one of those bad boys to LBL next year as the grand priZe for the BITE ME AWARD!

I see you tried to hide that 5th pic by making it small.  Did she do that one as a sculpture of  for you for your birthday?   :alscalls:   :innocentwhistle:

If that is the prize I hope i'm in the running so step back SEMP.

That's a good idea of bringing a Bite Me cake up there next year. Not as a prize, but just so folks could have cake after we ate. My wife even liked the idea.  :doh2:  She said she could make a cell phone, calls, etc. on it.........all made of fondant.  :wink:
As far as the pig pose thing........ BITE ME Palegroe. Would you believe that was a groom's cake she did for a couples wedding.  :rolleye:
Takes all types to make the world go round I reckon.  :sneer:
Chet, you can Bite Me on the stately figure thing. Alscalls can Bite Me too. The rest I say thank you.
You have my wife smiling like a big possum tonight. She can't believe a bunch of coyote hunters would appreciate her cakes. I tried to tell her you guys were good people.  :biggrin: :highclap:

slagmaker

Them things is to perty ta be eat'n.

Your wife sure has talent.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

:confused: Well looks like you used up all the good  Bite me's  Guess I'll just say your wife does some top shelf work there bud!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

vvarmitr

Quote from: Bopeye on April 07, 2010, 06:52:05 PM

HEY, I really like that one!

Quote from: Bopeye on April 07, 2010, 09:39:31 PM
She can't believe a bunch of coyote hunters would appreciate her cakes. I tried to tell her you guys were good people.  :biggrin: :highclap:
Geeze Mrs Holbrook. :sad3:
No problem, the further North you go the better we get. :wink:          :innocentwhistle:
Some mighty fine work you did there! :thumb2:

Hawks Feather

Dang Bop she is a talented woman.  Does she ever mess one up and you and the kids get to remove the evidence?  Or are you and the kids like the shoe makers relatives that don't have any shoes?  (In this case, the cake makers relatives that don't get fancy cakes like those.)  I have looked at them several times now trying to pick the one that I like the best but can't.  Guess I will head to the bakery and see if they have any cupcakes available.

Later,

Jerry

msmith

WOW James! Your wife most certainly is talented. All of those cakes look great.  :yoyo:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

possumal

That is about as nice as you will ever see!  Kudos to the wife.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Bopeye

My wife called and said she showed this thread to a few of her friends at the hospital. She was almost in tears at how much you guys bragged on her work. Thanks fellas, you might have just made Bopeye a lucky man tonight.  :innocentwhistle:

Good Lord I hope she doesn't read this in a little bit.  :doh2: :laf:

Okanagan

Wow!  She does really excellent artistic work.  Man, I am salivating over that third one down that looks like heavy duty chocolate.   Wish you were closer so we could commission such a work of art.

This post will help you camouflage your post just above this one, Bopeye, and slide it farther up in the column so it won't be so noticeable in last place.  Just helping you out by not calling attention to it ya know. :innocentwhistle:

HaMeR

That ^^^^ was a great gesture on Okanagan's behalf Bop.  :yoyo: So I too will help to remove the aforementioned 2 posts above evidence.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11