• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

anitvirus

Started by Yotehntr, December 06, 2010, 09:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Soo what is a good anti virus software?... mine is expiring soon..
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

pitw

With my vast experience I'm finding a pillow on the couch to be the best investment to keep anyone from getting in my machine ;yes;.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

oh yeah,.... real funny Barry!   :laf:

CCP

Jim turned me on to Shield Deluxe a few years ago.  It's been the best so far of all the ones I have tried.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jeb

I havent had a ant-virus program running on any of our pc's for 2 and half years and NO viruses.. Just last month I downloaded the FREE version of AVAST. Works just like I paid for it.
                                                        Jeb

HaMeR

I use TrendMicro & am happy with it. I can install it on 3 computers for one $$ amount. I do mine & Mom & Dad's.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

I use McAfee and it seems to work better than Norton which is what I had before.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

AWMiller

I've used a combo of McAfee and Spybot for some years and haven't had nary a problem!

FinsnFur

Yeah I've been running Shield Deluxe for a couple years on every machine in the house, and I swear by it.
I actually found it a long time ago by doing a consumer reports search.
The best price with the best service providing the best virus protection, and using the least amount of CPU. (bogging down your computer)
I renew it every year and never looked back. :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

Thanks guys! ... Hey Barry, wife just called she was at the P.O.... she didn't understand why they asked the value...thought she was taking care of you when she said they were worth $500...  :shrug:  Sorry!

CCP

Another thing about Shield Deluxe is it is also a Malware program also.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Yotehntr

I went ahead and got the shield deluxe... thanks for the help!

Quote from: Yotehntr on December 06, 2010, 03:56:45 PM
Thanks guys! ... Hey Barry, wife just called she was at the P.O.... she didn't understand why they asked the value...thought she was taking care of you when she said they were worth $500...  :shrug:  Sorry!

Dang Barry... how can I mess with you if you don't read this stuff?   :shrug:

pitw

Quote from: Yotehntr on December 07, 2010, 11:33:33 AM
I went ahead and got the shield deluxe... thanks for the help!

Quote from: Yotehntr on December 06, 2010, 03:56:45 PM

Dang Barry... how can I mess with you if you don't read this stuff?   :shrug:

Brad I'm sorry but I was busy yesterday cutting pork, then a buddy called and I had to go on an errand of mercy to help him with his critters at dark :argh:.  After the job was done he said the 2010 crop was in and needed to be tested so after floating home about 9pm, smiling all the way, I read what you said but didn't dare respond as sometimes it comes out all wrong about that time :laf: :laf:.  I figure that should raise the price of the merchandise by about 110% when our security council sees it :doh2:
  I'll try to stay on track better in the future :iroll:.

Yotehntr

:alscalls:  I told my wife what I'd said and I reckon about a dozen times yesterday... "what'd he say?"    :alscalls:   

pitw

Quote from: Yotehntr on December 07, 2010, 01:18:08 PM
:alscalls:  I told my wife what I'd said and I reckon about a dozen times yesterday... "what'd he say?"    :alscalls:   

It is funny how the whole dang family gets involved with the FnF family ain't it  :laf: :laf:.

Yotehntr

Sooo now that I have "Shield Deluxe"... by following directions I turned off "windows defender" and the "user account control" according to directions on installing... but windows keeps the "shield" up warning that the above is turned off....  :doh2:   So to run this 'SD" am I going to always have that  warning going on?

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Yotehntr

Vista...   :confused:   wonder why they changed to "7" so quick? 

FinsnFur

You can turn it back on and it wont create any conflict. The biggest thing is to have it off while your installing, because Vista's defender will not like what it see's as the antivirus is being installed.

Plus......if the little warning alerts get to be a nuisance, you can turn them off in, user control. CCP showed me that little trick when I got my first Vista machine.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers