• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

No moon pics ??

Started by Jeb, March 20, 2011, 02:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeb

As much as some of yall like taking pictures I cant believe nobody here got any moon pics from the weekend. If my spotting scope wouldnt have been loaned out I for sure would have shooting at the nite sky. Btw the person that borrowed my spotting scope two weeks ago did get some shots last nite of the moon.....I will post up some pics when I get them myself.
                                 Jeb

5 SHOTS

I thought about getting the telescope out until it clouded over and started threatening thunder storms. The clouds are just now clearing off again.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Hawks Feather

Fos posted some.  They are here:  http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=14292.0   scroll down toward the bottom of the first page.

Jerry

FOsteology

Kids and I sat out on the back porch as soon as it was dark. Watched the moon rise and climb the night sky.

No cloud cover, but the wind is still pretty strong (15-20mph) which played havoc on the digiscope setup stability. Had to wait in between gusts to click the remote control.
Moon exhibited/cast a yellowish tint, so I converted to B&W (PSE8). Added some tiny white specks to simulate stars.  :biggrin:

Taken with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 and Panasonic Lumix 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 (set at 35mm) through my Kowa TSN-602 60mm spotter with fixed 27x eyepiece.
1/125 f/8 ISO 800 tripod and cable shutter release

Here's a few images straight out of the camera. No post processing, edits, etc. Just to demonstrate how the wind affected the setup. The wind wobbles the spotter and camera enough to cause some blur, and affect the sharpness. I'm going to wait for a nice calm/still night and do some snap shots. Going to try a couple different lenses too. The issue I think I may encounter with some of the higher powered variables is vignetting. The current lens is fine from 18 -35mm. Anything less or more shows vignetting.  :sad:

CCP

Jeb here is you a view about 170 miles from Tokyo.

FOsteology them are some nice pictures may have to look into one of those Lumix DMC-G1. All my video equipment is Panasonic. I really like there quality.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jeb

All I can say is WOW !! Love those shots Fost, especially the black and white  :highclap: :highclap:  and Rich, you still aint right bud  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
                                      Jeb

FinsnFur

Yeah and since Fos posted his, the rest of ours will merrily look like Bopeyes cell phone pics, so we aint posting em  :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com