• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Favorite Powders

Started by CCP, August 12, 2006, 10:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogwood Creek

Well, here we go:

Just got the .222, no load development there.

I haven't worked with the .223 much, no favorite there.

The 22/250 is stoked up with H4895 and 53gr Hornady Match hollowpoints for now.

The 243 is all about H380 with 55gr Sierras , Varget with 75gr V-Max.

.308? Easy, H380.

The QuarterOtter is dialed in with IMR 4350 with either 87 or 100 gr slugs.

My trusty ThirtyOtter is dead full of RL22 for 180gr Speers.

Ol'Cruncher the 300 Ultra Mag, Retumbo. Lots and lots of retumbo.

Dogwood Creek

I agree with the factory loads for self defense thing. When I had handguns in the house, there were non descript winchester red and white box factory loads on hand at all times. I also shot handloads over H110 or Unique (44 Mag). I read once that you could further your defense using Glazer Saftey Slugs. Less chance of a passthrough and an innocent bystander being hit.

cb223

Holy Crap Joe!!! Did I figure that out right? A 275 power factor for that pin load!!!!

I bet that really does a job on them!!! Is it a safe load?
CHAD

Arkyyoter

Never figured the PF for it.....no need as there are no major/minor power factors in pin shootng......I can tell ya it would blow a pin two feet off the back of the table.......

The load was very safe...never had it tested, but the cases went about 2 1/2 to three feet from the pistol in a tidy little pile w/ NO sign of excessive pressue. I only fired around 20,000 of them....never had a problem....then I moved on to IPSC....shot that same pistol in Limited Class another 66,000 rounds before I sold it....it was still running well at last contact...

Joe