• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

50 years a hunter and trapper book online for free!

Started by nastygunz, May 30, 2023, 05:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

nastygunz

Nathaniel was a stud in the mud and hell on the hardtop! When I was a kid we had a neighbor who was an old mountain man named Clyde Morrison. He had a little one room cabin and all he did was hunt and fish and drink old Irish rose wine haha. On the other side of us a church lady lived named Joan Schwartz she was always was trying to get him to go to church and all kinds of stuff.
    My dad used to get him all wound up and ask him when they were getting hitched. He said I've been single my whole life and I'm not turning yellow now! He got on a good drunk one night and they found him out in his front yard, fell down into a puddle of rainwater face first and died, he was in his mid-80s, tougher than shoe leather. Me and my brothers learned a lot from him about everything from Partridge hunting to finding ginseng root.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

love that book as most of his territory is where I hunt.  Been on baileys run and such.  its neat relating to some of the spots he has been and being able to follow a map to exact spots he has been.  Back when dad first started going up there he remembered a cabin with no door.  shame of it now he doesn't remember where it was.  would be neat to find it if its still up.  The free version has been on i books for a while now too. 

anyone that has troubles sitting down and reading a "book" try this one as it is in a magizene format with many short stories.  also if you look at my sigline it is from en woodcock. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

Your signature line is what made me aware of him!

bigben

I kinda wished bear grease would do a spot on him.  unfortunately I do not know too much on him other then what is in his book. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.