• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

STATIC Electricity SUCKS !!!!!!!! how to stop it ???

Started by ohiobob, June 19, 2007, 04:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiobob

Hey Guys
When I Reload Rifle and Pistol rounds the damn Static electricity starts to make the Powder "Stick" to the sides of the Funnel when I dump it in the Cartridge after about 15 Rounds  :argh:
I use to do like the "old timers" use to tell me ,,washing my funnels in SOAPY Water using Dish washing soap,,,BUT after a few rounds the "sticking" is back  :argh: :confused:
My Question is this,,HOW do you guys battle this problem ? I just did an Experiment yesterday AND Today,,what I DID
Was Buy a small bottle of Anti-Fogging & Anti Static Eye Glass cleaner,,I put a good amount on a rag and wiped the funnel down pretty good,,INside & OUTside,,I Made sure I got the Inside Bottom REAL GOOD ! and let it dry for about 20 Minutes
Last night I dumped about a LB. of powder through the funnel and Repeated dumping another pound of Powder through it today,,it NEVER STUCK to the funnel at all,,maybe 3 -6 pieces here & there but I rap on the funnel released the kernels of powder.
DOES ANYONE have another CHEAPER method of keeping Powder from sticking to the side of the Powder Funnel  :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: I DONT feel like giving Wally World another 2 Million Dollars before I die ?  :biggrin:
Thank you VERY MUCH
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

awh

Bob, SDad used to use a brass funnel. I never got into reloading centerfire thaqt much , but I never heard him say anything about it? I stuck to the shotgun shells seeing how I would shoot his stash up before he got home from work and have to replace them before he found out. :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

ohiobob

Danny
Just remember that when Cam is a little older  :laf: hell I havent seen a Brass Funnel in YEARS,,DAMN I am getting old !
Thanks for the tip Danny
Bob

Hawks Feather

You can try the cloths like Cling Free or whatever you or your wife uses in the dryer.  They work pretty well and don't cost much.  I also have a spray can of Static "stuff" (I am not in the basement to look) from Radio Shack, but usually use the Cling Free cloths.  I usually wipe down the measure, drop tubes, and any funnels every couple of months.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I've heard the dryer sheets routine also. Read it somewhere, apparently it works.

As far as the anti static spray, I think that lasts the longest. It's available in grocery stores. Women use it to prevent those nylon dresses from sticking to thier legs and riding up.

I used to work in a wire harness factory, and the static that come off some of those rolls of plastic coated copper would drop a grown man. We all had a can of anti static spray in our back pocket and hit the spools with it before we started feeding wire off em.
It seemed to last a long time to.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ROOSTER

I use dryer sheets . Works good and lasts a good while before ya have to wipe it down again.

ohiobob

I Thought about trying the dryer sheets and I thought to myself,,that shit will NEVER WORK,,its TO obvious   :confused: :shrug:,,well looks like the joke is on me huh ?  :doh2: as usual  :biggrin:
Thank you Guys
Bob

RShaw

I just use the drop tube and tap on the side of the funnel.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

Mallardsr

5 SHOTS

I got some Vis Wis (I think) for cleaning dust off scope lenses and tried it on my funnels, it is still working over a year later.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

ohiobob

5 Shots

Vis Wis,,sounds like something "certain" people use to beat a urine test at work  :laf: :laf: its funny because a Guy at work was ALWAYS trying to figure out how to beat these test's  :wo: and 1 day at work he said he is going to buy a
Whizzinator,well when he told us what it was I almost bust my gut  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Thats why when I seen your post had Wis in it I had to chuckle
BUT I am going to go the routes you guys told me about and hope Im done with the static B.S. because I am planning on loading a LARGE amount of AMMO here REAL SOON  :eyebrow:
Thank you ALL once again
Bob