• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

here is a few bowfishing pics.

Started by topdawg, February 26, 2008, 01:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

these two boys were down on the rocks at barkley dam watching us bowfish so i decided let them have a try at it .check out the grins... :eyebrownod:

here is my brothers first fish with a bow

This is the last one for now .....sorry  I just had to put them all on here lol :biggrin:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

FinsnFur

Quote from: topdawg on February 26, 2008, 01:04:01 AM

This is is the last one for now .....sorry  I just had to put them all on here lol :biggrin:

I'm glad ya did :yoyo:
Boy them spoon bills are some ugly thangs. :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Bowfishing man I love that sport, I used to be into it pretty big. I traveled all across the country shooting in tournamnets. I was even President of the Bowfishing Associatioin of America for a year. It just took toooooo much time.

I don't want to high jack your thread but can I throw a couple of pictures on here too, please.

Here is a nice blue cat that I shot in SC on the Cooper River.

Here is a grass carp, I know its just a small one.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

topdawg

The more pics the better......i have some more pics some where in my pc,my girlfriend is a pic a holick and i have to sort through a bout a million pics just to find a few of mine
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

topdawg

if you have any pics of your boat setups post them here too still lookin for my pics

M.DarianBarr

here are some fish from the tailwaters of barkly

and here is one of my boat nothing fancy but it does the job

topdawg

we need to get together this spring and summer and do some bow fishing down at the lakes

FinsnFur

That's kinda what I was thinking too  :eyebrownod:

Oh  :doh2: You were talking to M.DarianBarr
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

topdawg

i have a boat set up for bowfishing too, need to find some pics of it. .....Jim you can go but it would be one hell of a drive to kentucky lake for a few carp .... :shrug:

M.DarianBarr

sounds good. if you can make it up here i can put you on some 50 plus pound bigheads. not as many but alot bigger on average. sounds like the bigheads are in the lakes also, thats where the state record came from. shoot  ill take anybody out just a good excuse to go bowfishing. i thought about getting into guideing but didnt want to turn it into a job

topdawg

i have a 16 foot jon boat it has a front deck and a back deck. the front has 6 300 watt light s  ans the back has 4 300 watt lights i use it mainly on the main lake. I have bowfished the river a little but not much as i would like to. Where abouts do you bowfish at.  would you ever think about getting in on some of the tournaments up at lake Barkley

M.DarianBarr

i used to do the tournements but got burnt out on them. id rather fish for fun. i fish the river from cannelton dam (hallsville) up to brandenburg area. my boat is only 16ft also. my lights only get used during the winter and early spring then its strickly spot light

topdawg

is hallsville up around owenboro if not were abouts is it ...........as far as meeting up and going just give me a PM and ill be there

topdawg

do you use a float system with you bowfishing rig or just a standard ams system

M.DarianBarr

i use a standard ams setup and with the bigheads you really have to play the fish i usually just lay the bow down and fight them in by hand so they dont pull out. i like the carbon mag arrow with a jean davis 4 barb tip. ive had really good luck with these. i had to have a machinist make a 22/64 base for the 4 barb because they only come in 5/16. we ran into the problem of the big fish braking arrows. have yall tried the lakes in the winter. we fish a couple of lakes around here with sucess. weve actully shot fish when our lines were frezzing up in our reels. hallsville is up river of owensburro it takes me 2.5 hours to get to the tail waters(kentucky and barkley lake) from my house. one tournement 2 years ago we ran the tennasee river all the way out to the ohio and then up to that next dam (cant remeber the name) and we got into alot bigger fish than you shoot at the tail waters, most were in the upper 40lb range

topdawg

i work up were you live alot.... i am about 45 min to a hour from you...... i duck hunt alot in winter,,,been wanting to go bow fishing but didnt no if it was good in the winter.....im getting ready to start work 7 days a week 12 hours a day, i will probably be done in about 6 weeks. Ill about the time i get done it should be about right to hit the water

M.DarianBarr

dont know if kentucky and barkley would be any good because they both have moveing water. ive always wanted to try them though its just a long ways to go in the winter and winter fishing is hit and miss. its ideal to go after a couple of sunny days, we just fish the shallows at nite. mostly all you see are common carp this time of year. we went one year in december and killed 87 fish in 2 hours 2 guys shooting. but then sometimes you go and see nothing. where around here do you work.

topdawg

i work all over southern indiana and western ky,  do some work around owensboro and a little that the papermill up there

M.DarianBarr

i think may 10 they are having a youth bowfishing tournement at rough river. its a really good tourney for kids, if you are interested ill get more details

topdawg

that would be neet..... i would like to do that