• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Grandson Josh takes a massive 8 pointer with his bow

Started by possumal, November 13, 2013, 12:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Last Thursday evening, my grandson Josh, took a massive 8 point buck with his bow down in Mercer County. He had this deer on trail cam last year and he had grown tremendously since then.  He scored 155 points and field dressed just over 200 lbs..  That makes 3 great bucks this year for Josh and his two brothers, Jacob and Jonathan.  He said his neck was swollen the most of any buck he has ever taken. Here is a picture:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

Nice buck, even better that he took it with a bow.  I got to thinking that between you and your grandson's there may not be to many coyotes or deer left in Kentucky!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FOsteology

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

possumal

The story Josh told me in relation to this buck is better to me than the actual kill.  He has been so busy this year that he hasn't been able to hunt as much as he normally does.  He had been after this buck since opening day of archery season and had not even seen him once.  Last Thursday, he was watching a real nice 8 pointer, about 135 to 140 class, work his way up the creek hollow near Josh's stand.  The buck was after a doe, and Josh grunted at him several times and the doe and buck ran past his stand twice. He did a snort wheeze to try to get his attention, and this big 8 came in from his blind side and started grunting at the doe.  Josh put an arrow through both lungs at 29 yards, and he only went about 20 yds and piled up. He is a really good deer and coyote hunter and I am very proud of him. He has two little boys that will be with him every chance they get.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Great buck he has there.  He has to be very proud of it.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

What a great buck!  155 for an 8 is incredible. 
Love the story, too.   Tell him congrats.

KySongDog

That's something to be proud of for sure.   Congrats!   :congrats:

nailbender

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!