• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Saturday Morning Hunt

Started by redlaw, January 05, 2014, 08:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redlaw

I participated as a guide this past Saturday in PA for a Youth hunt for children of Military Members.  12 kids, 4 buck taken. All had fun.

[img]http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/PAJimmy/media/DepotHunt2013_zps84d7b7db.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0[img]

redlaw

Dave

Very nice, Red!  I'm sure you have some stories.
They all look like nice bucks, but that first one really stands out.

possumal

That's great, you helping out the kids.  Looks like they had a great time and I know you did too.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Cool!! Some purdy nice bucks there!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dale

nice looking collection of deer... where in PA did this happen?...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

redlaw

The hunt took place about 10 miles outside of Harrisburg.

FinsnFur

Very cool, and Kudos to you for taking the time to mentor those kids. :congrats:
Thats a nice little haul of venison right there.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dale

hmmm that'd have to be around Stoney Creek valley or Indiantown gap, nowhere else I can think of that would have that many deer this late in the season...   :eyebrow:

Okanagan

Good for you, and for the kids!  Those are some dandy bucks.

redlaw

Dave- The Gap has hunts also, for adults if I recall. This hunt was held on New Cumberland Army Depot. Never heard of Stoney Creek

nastygunz

Dale

ok... forgot about New Cumberland depot... used to be a bunch of deer in there, they thinned them out a few years back, the herd has recovered nicely... Stony Creek runs into the river up above Dauphin, runs out the valley past Indiantown Gap... not sure who's hunting the Gap... wondering if Letterkenny is being hunted anymore... used to be some good deer in there also...

Nasty, I'm originally from York and drove truck for 30 years, am well acquainted through out the country...   :wink:  matter of fact I'm gonna make a trip up in a couple weeks...  just to see how the eskimo's live...

nastygunz

Is thar any fox squirrels near Harrisburg?
I need to bag me one of them monsters! Last time I was in Harrisburg I went to the York barbell factory,life long powerlifter,and museum, then to the Hersheys factory, and Gettysburg, it was really amazing. As a vet,I stood at Gettysburg and tried to picture what it must have been like. My friend from England who is former Royal Marine was with me when I toured Gettysburg, it was a pretty sobering day for us.

Hawks Feather

redlaw,

Sorry that I missed commenting on your great work helping with the hunt.  Looks like some decent deer and I am sure that the shooters were excited.

Jerry

bigben

Good for you helpin kids. Where bouts are you located in pa?  I live real close to the depot this was on.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

Quote from: nastygunz on January 08, 2014, 09:19:37 PM
I need to bag me one of them monsters! Last time I was in Harrisburg I went to the York barbell factory,life long powerlifter,and museum, then to the Hersheys factory, and Gettysburg, it was really amazing. As a vet,I stood at Gettysburg and tried to picture what it must have been like. My friend from England who is former Royal Marine was with me when I toured Gettysburg, it was a pretty sobering day for us.

Just seen one hit on the road yesterday. We have around here stick close to the creeks
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Dale

Quote from: nastygunz on January 08, 2014, 09:19:37 PM

Last time I was in Harrisburg I went to the York barbell factory,life long powerlifter,and museum, then to the Hersheys factory, and Gettysburg, it was really amazing.

As a vet,I stood at Gettysburg and tried to picture what it must have been like. My friend from England who is former Royal Marine was with me when I toured Gettysburg, it was a pretty sobering day for us.

like Ben said stay near the water...

York Barbell, the weight lifter on the roof is known world over, I've met people all around the country and in Europe that have traveled I-83 and that's how they remember York...

Gettysburg can be a very humbling experience, did you see the arty shell stuck in the front of the building on US30 just east of the square?... been in there since the war...

nastygunz

I have to get down there, she has been bugging me to go down and see everyone. Then of course I'm going to slip away and try to do some hunting or fishing. Can you hunt on Sundays down there? I don't know if I can come down out of the mountains back into civilization like that ha ha.

Dave

No Sunday hunting in PA.
You can hunt coyote and fox on Sundays, though.