• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I guess it's time for a change...

Started by Coulter, September 17, 2012, 06:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

When I started making calls back in 2006 I bashed my head in thinking I needed to have a catchy slogan to go along with my calls. I had to keep up with the Jones' and the big time call manufacturers. You know like Primos - "Speak the Language". I searched and searched and racked my brain and finally settled on North Bay Game Calls - "Open Season...It's Your Call!" I couldn't find anybody else using anything similar to it so I stuck with that. Up until now that is...

Well I have come to the conclusion that catchy phrases are not really what it's all about, they're a dime-a-dozen. I was recently reading one of my waterfowling magazines and thought "What the !?!?" I found this add in there from a duck call manufacturer...

No it's not the same as my slogan, but too freakin' close for me. Especially when I kept thumbing through the pages of the same magazine and ran into this ad...

I thought all right that's it...the slogan is gone. Now I can't say how long either one of these companies has been using this, but I honestly had never seen it before. Again, it's not the same as mine, but waaaaay to close for me to call it my own. KH has been around a long time and maybe they have been using the "Its Your Call" just as long. I may have missed it somehow when I was doing my research a long time ago...who knows.

Another deciding factor was at the end of one of the articles in the magazine. I will simply quote the last line..."I don't look outside for my identity. I look inside." That really drove it home. All of you guys that know me or have bought or traded a call with me over the years know that I strive to be unique in my own way, especially when it comes to call making. I try my best not to mimic others in any way, shape or form.

Sooo, as of now the slogan is being dropped and I do not intend to replace it with another.

Just wanted to get that off my chest...thanks for listening,
Steve

Lonehowl

Steve, good decision. I also have to say, that the "its your call" or "good call" slogan is the most common ones that guys come up. My buds always try to come up with slogans for me and those are the ones everyone immediatly blurts out lol. Same here though, Dont want one.

Mark

Todd Rahm

North Bay is all I need to know. Let the work speak for its self!!!

I haven't seen either use that in the past by the way.

KySongDog

Catchy slogans don't put critters in your lap.   It's 20% call and 80% caller that does it. 

But of course, YMMV.

HaMeR

Those are nice calls at a nice price Steve!!  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

That kinda sucks for sure. Especially knowing that there's nothing you can do about it, being a little guy.
Take, borrow, or use their trademark and see what happens.
Good choice though on your part. NorthBay will always be yours :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com