• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

It didn't sink!

Started by msmith, August 30, 2014, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

and we didn't need a bilge pump.  :biggrin:

First I was thinking that we were going to need to buy or build a boat trailer. Seems my utility trailer is going to work fine for now.

Well, we got it launched and I put the Big Dawg at the helm to start with. Here he is bringing her into the dock to pick me up.

Here he is before hand getting used to the controls.

Captain Josh

All in all it was a great afternoon. Didn't catch much, maybe 20 to 25 between the two of us and no slabs like WWW caught. Really no keepers but about a half dozen swallowed the hook pretty good so we kept them as not to waste them.

The ship got tested pretty good. She got bounced off of trees, run up on some logs and stumps and drifted sideways into some stumps. We were fishing in some timber as you can see in some of the pics.

Here are the little fellers we killed and so we kept. About half Crappie and half Blue gill. We did catch a couple of little small mouths each too.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Damn I like that thing!
You did an awesome job on Mike :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Thanks Jim! It was a pretty rewarding day. I hauled a boat that I made on a trailer that I made to take Josh fishing. It was a great afternoon.

We went to Cabelas last night and I made a pass by the Jon boats. I actually like this one better than the Alumacraft they had. The bottom of mine is flat whereas the Alumacraft has big ribs welded crossways on the floor. This "Jons Boat" design really has a lot of room in it.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

slagmaker

Heck yeah!!! :congrats:

Thanks for taking us on her maiden voyage... :yoyo: :yoyo:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Quote from: msmith on August 30, 2014, 09:24:38 PM
and we didn't need a bilge pump.  :biggrin:

No bilge pump needed.  :alscalls:

You did a great job on that boat!  I bet you could sell those suckers if you wanted to make a few.  Great maiden voyage!   :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the update and the pics.  I was wondering how the maiden voyage of your newest boat was.  I looks larger in the water than it did in your garage.

Jerry

nastygunz

Good ole ingenuity ain't dead yet :yoyo:

HaMeR

I'm glad you & Josh had such a great day on the water in Josh's new boat!! Heck I wouldn'ta cared if I didn't catch any fish at all as long as the boat that I built came back dry on the inside!!!!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's a fine lookin outfit you got there & the utility trailer setup is just an added bonus!! Good thing you built the trailer too so you knew how big to build the boat.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dave

What a geat looking boat!   That pic of it just off the dock (2nd pic) says it all - floats high with a perfect casting platform!  And look at all that stuff you have packed in there! 

Okanagan

That's a fishing machine!  Great story and pics.

WldWldWest

Kinda looks like there is room for me in that Vessel!
Sweet boat and and a great catch!
Somebody looks like they are having a helluva time!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!