• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Snafu? Still looking for a Lion?

Started by FinsnFur, October 12, 2014, 09:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Down in California they come to you.

Surveillance cams caught this one near Almaden Country Club. 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

snafu

Seen that, too easy. I want to earn my hunt.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

nailbender

I think you've put in plenty of time and effort to earn one Ev.  If you come out of the house and find one standing on the roof of your truck just go on and shoot that sucker! :yoyo: :laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

snafu

Would be tempting. But making a kill like that would knaw at me for yrs. I'll get my lion the old fashioned way. Earn it

Okanagan

Snafu, I'm not as pure as you!  A lion better not wander into camp nor stand by the road looking at me when the season is open.   :wink:

A lady here in town had one lying under her lawn shrubs awhile back but only a cop or game warden could legally shoot it, which they did.  It wasn't until two neighbors also phoned in about it that the cops believed her enough to come and check. :huh: :alscalls:

The cat on the car is probably there to make tracks on it because the car was freshly washed!   :alscalls:  Hmmm... maybe a good idea for a lion hunting stand:   wash your car and leave it where a cat can jump up on it and make tracks!    :wo: :biggrin:

MI VHNTR

I always thought that it took a fancy European sports car to bag a cougar.  :doh2:
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

snafu

Okanagan, I'm far from pure  :laf: If I were water, I'd be undrinkable. May sound odd. But as for hunting. Especially having already put in one long season hoping to cross paths with a lion. I'm not about to take a freebie/gimme shot. My hunt, I expect it to be memorable in all aspects.

snafu

The sightings I've heard of so far this yr. Sound promising, moreso then even last yr.

FinsnFur

Quote from: MI VHNTR on October 13, 2014, 08:47:46 PM
I always thought that it took a fancy European sports car to bag a cougar.  :doh2:

:doh2: :doh2: :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

snafu

Rather than drive 3 counties. I do believe I'm onto a focal area where one travels through frequently. I've heard of a few sightings in this area in the past couple of yrs. But nothing like what I have heard recently. 5 sightings in all by 3 different people. that occured this Summer/Fall. All within a 5 mile radius.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

I cant wait to see the pics after your sucessfull hunt. Ive been trying for yrs to kill a bobcat and i know how you feel.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

snafu

Quote from: riverboss on October 17, 2014, 06:36:25 PM
I cant wait to see the pics after your sucessfull hunt. Ive been trying for yrs to kill a bobcat and i know how you feel.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Three major problems of this enduring hunt is. I have to wait for snow cover. Then once it snows. I have roughly one day to hunt hard. Before any fresh track is drifted over. In other words I have to be in the right place at the exact right time. Then....get permission on that land. The rest will be up to that lion & myself.

I have been passively hunting for one the last 8yrs. Last yr that was my only focus. Which will continue to be my only focus until I have my day.

The recent info I obtained. Cast a bright light on this whole hunt. The last 8yrs I've read near every thing ever written about lions that can be found on the net. I sought an edge on lion behaviors. I spoke with a lion hunter a few yrs back. He told me a resident lion will travel the same general area. Generally within a 2 wk time span. That may be so? But I have only heard that once prior. Et that was what a person told me about the 2 sightings he has had. Anyway I see a speck of light at the end of the tunnel. I won't quit until I succeed.

snafu

Took a 25 mile drive yesterday. To the general area of the recent sightings. I was going to check along the waterway, but the creeks were running high. however I can into 2 farmers/father & son riding in a tractor. We visited a bit & exchanged predator info. Turns out they were both long time coyote hunters. We talked about the area lion sightings.

They both were unaware of what I have heard lately. Anyway they said the last lion they've heard of was 2yrs ago. During that time, a few area farm dogs came up missing. Et one large farm dog was found dead & partially eaten. That farmer took it to a Vet. To try & determine what killed his dog. Word was, the Vet thought a lion killed it. Regardless...dead dog, I'm chomping at the bit to get at it.

snafu

Oh yeah, during that time(2yrs ago). A farmer seen a lion walking down a gravel road. Before it veered off into cover. Farmers I met yesterday were called & went & took some pics of its track. Younger farmer is suppose to email me a pic or two of the supposed lion track.