• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Silent Death.

Started by nastygunz, February 02, 2016, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

That blowgun I got for Christmas is about the funnest thing I've had for a while. Got some power too! Cold Steel professional 5 foot model.  The darts in the picture are made out of bamboo skewers. I have some steel broadhead ones and some hard plastic stunner ones also surprising amount of impact from them. There are some pretty good blowgun hunting videos on YouTube

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Blow gun.  Got some power.  Hum, how does that happen?   :biggrin:

Jerry

Dave

Damn Nasty - you really hate squirrels, don't you!  :alscalls:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on February 02, 2016, 11:23:22 PM
Non-smoker :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

Yep. It works much better that way.  What distance are you shooting?  I have one that is more of a toy and usually shot it about 15 feet.  But I was just having fun with it in the house.

Jerry

nastygunz

I have been shooting it about 20 feet. These are the broadhead darts:

Hawks Feather

Those are gonna leave a mark!  I just have the straight needle type.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I have retired the Crosmans since I got that blowgun  :yoyo: :biggrin:

FinsnFur

They're museum material now lol :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on February 04, 2016, 08:06:18 AM
I have retired the Crosmans since I got that blowgun  :yoyo: :biggrin:

(This needs to be read slowly with a soft, hushed, voice.)

The Ninja warrior has a new tool in his ever changing world. No longer will the crack of the Crossman be heard.  It has been replaced by the 'puff' of the blowgun.  Silent death stalks the grounds surrounding his county or maybe even state.

Jerry

snafu

Quote from: nastygunz on February 03, 2016, 06:42:36 PM
I have been shooting it about 20 feet. These are the broadhead darts:

Wicked darts. Never had or used a blow gun before.

But back when I was a young teenager. One of my Bro's had some hunting darts. I practiced until I became real accurate @ 15-20'. Then I thumped me a couple of squirrels with them. One squirrel climbed up in the crotch of a tree & died. Couldn't retrieve Bro's dart. So he thumped me.  :doh2:
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

nastygunz

I had a lot of incidents like that happen with my brothers when I was a kid :biggrin:

JohnP

nasty - You're having too much fun for an old guy.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

I try Mr. John!  I was raised in the green mountains in Vermont,  no electricity and no running water and not much in the way of frivolous things in life.  I think it was in the back of a comic book that I saw an ad for a blowgun. It showed a big burly guy with a blowgun  and some sort of critter that he had taken with it. I remember wanting one badly as a boy and never being able to afford one or even knowing where to get one back then.  So I just happened to see an ad somewhere about one which made me do some research and finally resulted in my purchase of one. It is a lot of fun to shoot and could definitely be used to take small game and varmints.  I have learned some good history on them too, one thing is that the Cherokee Indians used them to hunt game! 

http://knowlton-rangers.newsvine.com/_news/2011/01/22/5897263-the-cherokee-blowgun