• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"A Fins and Fur" Carved cow horn Howler...

Started by HuntnCarve, January 04, 2008, 07:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Hi Folks,

Here a little something that I put together for the benefit of this fine website.  All of the proceeds from this auction will go directly to the "Fins and Fur Members Bank Account".  Here Jim informed me, the funds can be used for the benefit of all the members.  So anyway, a little bit about the howler:

It is solid cow horn, 9-1/2" from tip to tip.  The carved coyote on the one side, is highly detailed, and finely painted.  The other side of this horn bears the Fins and Fur logo, carved in raised letters.  There's an additional "FnF" carved at the mouth piece end of the call.  I've signed and dated the inside of the horn as well.  The oak display stand that the call is sitting on is part of the package.
The auction will run for 5 days, and end at 9:00 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 
I'm going to start the bidding at $100.00   Best Wishes to All!  And a heart felt "Thank you" to Jim, for providing us all a home.

Dave Paul
HuntnCarve

Hawks Feather

$125.00

Since this is a place that only bids are allowed, I will get things rolling so that I can say that this is a REALLY nice thing to do Dave.

Jerry

studabaka

$130 ..... so I can say..... another awesome masterpiece and a fine gesture.  I am one lucky sucker to be part of a group of folks with soo much talent and soooo much heart. Kind of a nostalgic old days community atmosphere which is harder and harder to come by these days.

Thanks Dave  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

bowjunkie

$200   I don't have one of Dave's cowhorn howlers yet this could be the one  :eyebrow:

HuntnCarve

Congratulations Bowjunkie!  Looks like you are the winner of this auction!  Thank you very much for your generous bid.  And "thanks" to all for making this site as great as it is!  Best regards.

Dave
HuntnCarve

FinsnFur

Wow, Congrats Ed  :congrats: A true collectors piece too.  :eyebrownod:

A big thank you also, to all who bid. Much appreciated by the members I'm sure too, since they are the ones that decide how the money in the members bank is utilized.

And a special thanks to you Dave, for selling your unbelievable talent in benefit to our site.  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Way to go bow!! Congratulations on a nice piece of call making!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Bow,

Congratulations on a great call.

Dave,

Thanks for a very unselfish act.

Jerry

iahntr

Thanks a lot Dave for puttin up the great howler.  :highclap:
Thanks, and congrats bow.  :congrats:
Scott

Todd Rahm

Nice addition there Ed. Where ya gona keep it?  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

Nice job Dave, and nice gesture. If'n I hadn't sent out a big call payment, and working on a couple other deals, ole Ed woulda had a run for his money.

Great call by a Great call maker, for a Great board run by another Great feller.  :biggrin: That should cover it.....Oh yeah sorry Ed, and going to a Great Collector.  :bowingsmilie: