• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL hunt 2007... Thanks to everyone!

Started by coyotehunter_1, February 04, 2007, 03:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotehunter_1

I’ll let my calling partner, Bopeye, tell of our own hunting experiences. He’s better at that than I.  :eyebrownod:

Personally, I would like to thank everyone that attended. Especially Jim Champion for providing a board for us to plan the get together and the fine folks that donated their products, to be given away as door prizes, they all deserve a big hardy thank you!  :bowingsmilie:

Again, it was great to see old friends and meet some new ones, good guys all! :highclap:

I had a blast, hope to see everyone again next year.  :wink:

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Mallardsr

I also would like to thank all of the generous people that donated their goods for the free drawing. The Hunt was a large time, and thanks to all that came to make it what it was. You wont find a better bunch of guys any where. I saw some old faces and met some new ones.
       Jim, thanks for starting this site, and thanks to all the members for making it a super place. RP

DirtyDog

I also want to thank everyone. I am new to coyote hunting, and have frequented this site for a while. I learned more in these 2 days from everyone, than I could have by myself in a real long time. Thanks to all, I had a great time and am already looking forward to next year!

Joe

Jeb

Any kills ?  :confused: Nobody take a camera this year ?  :shrug:
                Jeb

FinsnFur

I had Brent's camera man film the little give away drawings we had. It was a great time. And an opportunity I had waited for, for a long time to meet some of the fine folks behind the original LBL hunt.  :highclap:

I'll try to compile a list of who won what once I get back home. I'm still over 600 miles out  :sad:

And I got a bunch pf pics to post Jeb :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jimmie in Ky

He's a fibbin Jeb, you know ya jsut can't trust one of them danged yankee's  :nono: Now do note I didn't say damned Yankee  :biggrin:

I too would like to thank everyone who came down this year to join in on good fun and good friends. Got to meet some new friendsa and old ones. HELL, even old Glen Guess made an apearance and was the life of the party for at least a short time :wink: I tired like all get out to help him with his hero shots on saturday and had the perfect model for him, but he had done gone and disapeared on me. ( I think Bopeye lost his sunglasses to tell the truth, boy is a dead ringer :biggrin: )

My special thanks to Mallardsr ( Reggie) for a six foot topo map of the southern half of the LBL. That will be the next project in the shop, a huge frame for it. Should make the teacher reall happy doing that one :eyebrownod:

Al Woodward of THO game calls for the desert camo diamond wood and cocobolo call. Dandy little dinner bell for ringing in my favorite company.Reallly good sound from it

Loren of Ko for one of the arctic mist calls. I really like that look and it is as advertised a good distress call.

And my two new hunting buddies, It was a pleasure to take you out boys and I hope you were able to take something home you could use.

My dang dog woke me up afore I got my nap out. At least he missed me :rolleye:

Jimmie

Bopeye

It was a fun time.......finally got to meet some of these knotheads and they are good people.... :wink:

Chet and I called in a few dogs........shot one but couldn't find the bugger.....such is coyote hunting. We howled mostly, I was using the Kee Custom Howler.....that baby is worth it's weight in gold. Called at least 4 in on two seperate occasions with it.
First call in got a big old dominant male all riled up.....he was huffing, barking, challenging, but just wouldn't commit to come in the last 100 yards......it was fun.
Called in 3 on another stand from about 1000 yards I guesstimate. Took them an hour or better to close the distance. They would howl and I would answer. They would challenge and I would challenge. They barked and howled, I answered with a bark and howl. It was a lot of fun. Got the lead dog within about 30 yards of me......shot it and it went down. Got greedy and went for the other dog behind it that had just hit overdrive and missed.
Went to get my first one and couldn't find him anywhere. Still can't figure out how a coyote being shot at 30 yards with a 10 gauge left the scene...... :wo:
Oh well......we live and learn.
Oh yeah.......we got busted our first stand of the day. Had three come in to a couple lone howls and then some distress calling. The guy that busted us came right up the creek and Chet said he turned and looked and Mr. Coyote was looking him dead in the eyes.........I would have loved to have seen the expression on both their faces..... :eyebrownod:

Ronnie Cannon is the man........that boy was laying the smackdown on those coyotes!!!

I enjoyed meeting everyone up there........truly I did. Hope you guys enjoyed our "guest" visitor..... :eyebrownod:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

I've got lots of thanks to give to everyone at the LBL this year. And especially to all of the call makers who donated so generously to the hunt.  A very big Thank You to THO and Hawks Feather for thier calls which I won in the drawing!  They are awesome! No more Wally World plastic for me.

And guess what?   Even a blind sow can find an acorn every once in a while...I called up my very first yote on Wed. !   :biggrin:  I called it to within about 70 yards or so and got so excited I forgot what to do next!  The yote started circling to the down wind side and things sorta fell apart at that point.   :nono:   Wednesday was still shotgun season at LBL and I wasn't able to close the deal but hey.......it was fun!   :yoyo:

I'll be back for sure next year!

Kentucky Fisherman

Sure sorry I couldn't make it this year, Jimmie.  Sounds like the wind was about the same as in that very first LBL Hunt, but it was waaaaaay colder as I remember it.  Hey, did the two goose-hunting comedians from Southern Illinois make it this time. Can't quite remember the names, but those guys are a hoot.  And what about the Georgia boy who always comes up and makes chili, did he do his thing?

I'm headed to the Florida Keys for nearly a week starting Thursday, so wish me luck. Hunting for toothy critters like cudas and sea trout, doncha know.  :eyebrownod:

Sounds like it was a safe hunt and that a good time was had by all, in spite of the wind. Getting together and learning from one another is always the main thing and it sounds like there was plenty of that.

Jimmie in Ky

I missed ya KF. And Bob Topp as well who just happended to catch the flu and couldn't make it. It was darned good seeing the Gunsmith again, glad he is home and well.

And to those that could not make it this year, I really hope to see you next year. GC we will get that hunt in yet before we croak  :laf: Jimmie