• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Heading to a banquet...

Started by Coulter, October 07, 2009, 06:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

I just finished this call yesterday as a donation to a Ducks Unlimited banquet. I'm just getting ready to deliver it and almost forgot to take a pic first...this is the first time I attempted to burn anything other than the traditional "NB" onto a call. I sure hope they like it.

Steve

Hawks Feather

Looks good from here.  If they don't like it just bring it home and post here that it is up for grabs.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Yeah, I'm no duck hunter but I like it too.  :congrats:

iahntr

Scott

Coulter

Thank you gents...

Todd...you still haven't got anybody to take you on a duck hunt :confused: You are bathing aren't you :shrug:

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

QuoteYou are bathing aren't you

Yes'r, once a month if'n the wife tells me to or not.  :wo:

FinsnFur

Quote from: Coulter on October 07, 2009, 06:52:26 PM
Todd...you still haven't got anybody to take you on a duck hunt :confused: You are bathing aren't you :shrug:

:roflmao: :doh2:

If thats your first burner, I think you did an awesome job.
Let us know how it goes. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

timbertoes

Really like that one!  I am supposing you did woodburning.  Do you use a fancy setup or a basic "pencil" burner ?
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

Coulter

Thanks Geln and TT...I used a Nibsburner setup to do the burning. I bought it a while back and figured I better start using it after spending all of that money on it.

Steve

timbertoes

Thanks, yes they get costly, but a person's talent does not need to be held back by lesser tools! :)

What wattage/model would you reccomend ?
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Coulter

I really can't recommend anything other than what I have from experience. The only models I have used are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I have gone from the $10 jobbers you can pick up at Wally World to the high end Nibsburner...nothing in between. My particular model is the "Best of show" 145 watt with two handpieces. That doesn't mean that is the best one to buy. I have heard good feedback on the Colwood burners as well. It will really depend on your application and what you intend to use it for. And yes it does get costly, especially when you start buying the extra tips for the handpieces. If money is an issue, I would probably go with the Nibsburner "Red Hot" model. It is only half the wattage and comes with a single handpiece, but I'm sure it does the job just as well...certainly better than the $10 jobbers. Just like you mentioned, it will all depend on the users ability.

Oh and thanks Al :wink:

Steve