• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New member of the North Bay team...

Started by Coulter, March 02, 2008, 09:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

We hired this little girl to assist with some field work this fall. She has a lot of training to undergo, but I think she will do just fine.

Of course, the very first thing she goes after is an unfinished lanyard I  had laying on the floor. I screwd it up anyway, but I like her thinking already :biggrin:

We're still working on a name for her...anybody have any ideas?

Steve

keekee

Very nice looking pup!  She looks like a good name might be...."Annie"

Brent

FinsnFur

Cool lookin pooch. Pure bred Golden?

How bout Candice...it's close to Canis  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Brent My buddy already has a black lab named Annie and Jim I work with a Kanda...can't have her gettin' any funny ideas.

She is a purebred yellow lab. Her mother is a bit yellower than she is and her father is a really cool looking fox red. He is still considered a yellow though. She looks like she will fall right in between the two parents as far as color goes. Can't wait til spring to get her running some more, the snow is a bit to deep for her now.

Steve

Silencer

BEAUTIFUL LOOKING PUP !!!!    :yoyo:

If you're going to train her yourself, all the big hype I hear is about smartworks.

Here's a link.  There's books and DVD's.   

http://www.rushcreekpress.com

The site is funny, you have to scroll down a ways after you click what you want to see.

Btw... Did you receive my money order ???

studabaka

Very cute pup Steve.....  :wo: ...... Maybe 'Norie' ..... kinda goes with North Bay and rolls off the tongue  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Coulter

Yep I got the MO Vic...Thank you. I'll have to check out the smartworks some more. I do plan to train her, hopefully I have more success with this dog than the ones I've had in the past. :iroll:

Stu...I was really hoping to be able to tie her name into "North Bay" somehow, but my daughters name is already Tori. It would probably cause to much confusion for the dog. The search continues :confused:

Steve

Silencer

iahntr

Scott

Coulter

Duh... :doh2: Now why didn't I think of that. Thats funny we went out to eat this afternoon and I saw Bailey's on the menu. I thought it sounded good but I didn't see the relation until ya spelled it different. The family finished discussing it and her name is going to be Baylee. Her official name will be registered as "Onyahsa's Baylee Denali".

Thanks for the help everybody :biggrin:

Steve

frshwtr

i dont know i think i'd call her LIZ dated a girl with hair that color, she was aplayful, soft and cudily but boy could she get down to business. president LBJ sent me on a tour of the world and when i came home she was engaged, offered to break it off if i wanted, just wasnt that type of guy. but yeper i'd name her LIZ, its easy to say and wont get confused to quickly with any words you use in training.

HaMeR

Thats a nice lookin pup Steve!!   :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

I like that name.  :biggrin:    Good choice
Scott

Troy Walter

Nice name.You got yourself a good looking pup there.

Carolina Coyote

Real nice Dog Steve and what a pal she will be, I have a Black Lab and they are so smart and loyal. A good book to buy to help in the Training is "The Water Dog"  It takes you thru the steps in training her to obey commands and to retrieve properly, A very good book and worth every penny it costs around 20 bucks. cc

Coulter

The breeder mentioned that book also. I think he said it was written by Wolter or Walter. I'll have to see if I can find that one somewhere. She is already exhibiting great traits, She can only get better from here. I can't wait to see what kind of potential she really has. :biggrin:

Steve

Carolina Coyote

The sooner you can start working with her the better, and spend as much time as you can with her the first few months to bond with her. I have one of the books if I can find it, I bought mine at a Pet food store called Paxton's or you may find it on Amazon. I can't remember the Auther's name but it seems like it was Wolter, he invented the gun to fire dummy's with and is a dog trainer, but the book is a great help in starting out a young dog. My lab is going on 11 years old and such a sweet dog the best friend I have ever had!  I'm sure you will really enjoy Baylee .cc

bootmud

What a great lookin pup.  She looks likes lots of fun and I bet she does well in the field. :highclap:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com