• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL2011 #1

Started by Frogman, February 07, 2011, 11:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

The 2011 LBL hunt was very enjoyable for me.  I  enjoyed hunting and sharing time with some really great guys.  Thanks to everyone who helped make the hunt a success!!  A special thanks to coyote101 who took care of the cabin reservations!  He is also helpful in getting into a cabin with the key locked inside??  Thanks again, Pat!  We had a really nice prize table for the drawing on Saturday evening.  Thanks to all those who donated items for the drawing!!  Thanks also to some really good hunters who let me join them for some stands!   

I drove to LBL on Tuesday.  It was a little over an 8 hour drive for me.  As usual I took lots of pictures.  Probably too many for one post.  Forgive me for not remembering every one's names in the following photos.  So, on with the pictures . . .

A typical LBL ridge road.

It was quite cold the entire week.  Upper 20s to low 30s.  These ice crystals on the road attracted my attention.

One of my stands in the hardwoods.

Linemansteve joined me for some stands.

Around the campfire Wed. evening.  ?, Wildwildwest, and Hamer.

?, Reggie, ?, Bill enjoy the campfire.

wvyoter, pabrushwolf, wked, I think??

Some of the guys enjoying Reggies cooking!  Thanks, Reggie!

Bill trying to get the local coyotes howled up?

CCP and pabrushwolf.

CCP agreed to do a few stands with me.  We did four stands together and he called in two coyotes and a bobcat!!  This was his second coyote kill of the week!  WTG Richard, good calling and shooting!

On my third stand with Richard he called in a coyote that came in out in front of me.  The coyote ran in from the left in the picture.  It was about 50 yards away when I first saw it.  It was angleing in toward the right in the photo above just beyond that fallen pine tree.  There was some brush there that I didn't want to shoot through.  I was waiting til the coyote came into a clear spot where I could shoot at about 30 yards.  Just before he got there he suddenly stopped, spun around, and took off back the way he had come.  Must have winded me?  I prolly should have shot, but I didn't??? 

On our next stand Richard called in a bobcat.  I was sitting out to his right and didn't see it.  Unfortunatly they were not in season.

This is just my first picture post.  Look for LBL2011 #2 soon!

Hope you enjoy the pictures!!  Please help with the names if you know them!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Interesting :congrats: Especially the Ice extrusion, that is weird looking.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

wv_yoter

Jason