• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2 plus 1 in 1

Started by Bob D, July 26, 2006, 04:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

This was my most productive day predator hunting.I set the Foxpro in the brush pile in the edge of the deer plot. I climbed into a permanent wooden tree stand that I built for my two sons to hunt deer in. I started out  with a lonesome howl and got a reply about a half mile off. I change the call to a bird distress. Shortly I see a coyote moving to my left . It stops at the edge of the field, I drop him with the 22-250. I see another one coming on my left, it stops as its entering the field, I shoot he starts spinning and I continue shooting, shot twice more and missed both times. The coyote is still spinnng, I'm out of bullets, only had 4 in the gun, so I start reloading, got two bullets in the gun now and finally hit the spinning coyote again and down he goes. I notice something moving out in the wheat field in front of me. It stops and looks up, I can only see its face but I knew it was a bobcat and it went down with my last shot. I don't believe the shooting lasted over three minutes. It was fast and fun.
Bob

Brad H

That blows away my best day. I've had three doubles on coyotes but never called a cat.
We have cats here but they're not in the type of country I call.

Good pic. A day like that ought to be hard to top.

You must be in Texas or NM?

Brad

Bob D

Brad,
I'm in central Alabama. We have pretty good hunting around here. Alot of thick stuff but you can find the right spots.
Bob

Rick223

Awsome, You must have drove home with the biggest grin on your face! :highclap:
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

JesseB

Again very nice Bob.

I like this post for 2 reasons! (Good information)

1. People ask if howling work? Yep!!! :eyebrownod:

2. Will a Bob cat come in if you howl... :yoyo:

great job bud!