• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

How do I stop!!

Started by FinsnFur, May 12, 2012, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I'm gonna have to attend some meetings arent I to stop this?

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Jimbo, Jimbo, Jimbo!!!  There's only one purpose for that machine and that's to $peed up making ammo.  We warned you. :laf:  Next up along with some Full length, and Neck $izing dies, will be a hand priming tool.  Pick up a case cleaner and the assorted media. Then an electronic $cale and powder dispen$er.  You should follow that up with some Micrometer $eating dies, or at least a cartridge OAL gauge. Not to mention a ca$e trimmer.  There's no sense recommending any powder$, cause you'll have to try them all.  Same with primer$, and bullet$. Get some new bra$$ too.  Don't be afraid to try several brands.   Pick up a dozen plastic ammo boxes, labels etc.  Then get a couple dozen more...You will need a chronograph...That should get you atleast $emi started?  Down the road you'll need a Progre$$ive pre$$? But I'm getting a head of myself.  Please feel free to ask for advice from all of us.  We would never steer you wrong. :eyebrow:

Dave

FOsteology

You're going to save a ton of $$ Jimbo!  :nono:

kyfuzzyface

If I sold all my reloading stuff, I could buy enough ammo to do me the rest of my life !!!  :nono:
Fuzzy

Hawks Feather

Quote from: kyfuzzyface on May 12, 2012, 01:08:53 PM
If I sold all my reloading stuff, I could buy enough ammo to do me the rest of my life !!!  :nono:

Jim might be interested.

Time to sign on to become a member of R.A. (reloaders anonymous).  There are meeting for this, but the problem is that someone there tells you about something they saw or heard about and the YOU NEED whatever it was you just heard about.    :biggrin:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Last weekend we brewed up 4 test loads. 5 rounds in each with Berger 52gr FB's and then took her to the range and documented the results.
This weekend we did the same.

It's kinda interesting. So far it seems the further back we move the bullet from the lands, the tighter the groups.  :wo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CCP

QuoteSo far it seems the further back we move the bullet from the lands, the tighter the groups

Guns ,Powders ,bullets and primers are all different.  Some combinations want to be close to the lands and some far away. Usually the gun throat and length of bullets dictates what it likes on or off the lands more so than the other components. You may find your gun likes heavier bullets close to the lands and lighter bullets farther away or the opposite.

One of your biggest problems is your shooting a Ruger. You have already changed 2 of the  problems with the Ruger by changing the trigger and stock, now once you change the barrel and action you will find working up a load much easier. :innocentwhistle:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Quote from: CCP on May 13, 2012, 05:21:54 AM
One of your biggest problems is your shooting a Ruger. You have already changed 2 of the  problems with the Ruger by changing the trigger and stock, now once you change the barrel and action you will find working up a load much easier. :innocentwhistle:
[/size]

That is unfortunately a gross misconception on your part :eyebrownod:

And you will never get me to change my mind about Rugers  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

WldWldWest

Cool thing about the RCBS prep station, The Chamfering blades are warrented, If ya dull one call RCBS and they will send replacments :highclap:

If ya want a Ruger that really shoot's try something in a No.1 :biggrin: Out of all the Ruger's I've owned most. were MOA rifles at best and really had to work to achieve that except the No.1's they tend to shoot really well.

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

KySongDog

Jimbo, you might want to pay particular attention to the rest you are using at the range.  A rock solid rest ( I like sandbags) is a must otherwise you might not know what's really causing the groups to spread.   Just a thought.   

CCP

I agree with Doug and almost posted the same thing originally. :yoyo: :yoyo: My last NO.1 I sold is when I bought my first Contender years ago and decided the NO.1 ????? :biggrin:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

riverboss

Jim reloading is alot of work but alot of fun at the same time, I believe you should buy a few new guns and try making them shoot , That way you will never get board with it. Also you should bring those new reloads and that sub par ruger to ky next year and show us what youve done with it.

nailbender

Well you're totally hooked now Jimbo!  Might as well start planning a trip to South Dakota so you can burn up all those reloads!

Carolina Coyote

Can't stop till you drop. The more equipment you get the more you will want, just can't stop!!! :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:cc

HuntnCarve

And to think?  I was just going to start reloading a few empties for my .22-250 :confused:  Just think of all the money I'd save.. :eyebrow: That RCBS Case Prep Center would be all that I'd need.. :innocentwhistle:

Maybe I should think about building a bigger reloading bench? :shrug:

FinsnFur

HO
Leeeeeee
Ka
Rap!!

Thats a lotta, I say thats a loot loot Dave :biggrin: :yoyo:  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Looks like Dave is saving LOTS of money.   :laf:

Carolina Coyote

Dave, You gonna have to add more storage area, can't stop buying stuff because you don't have anywhere  to put it.
:eyebrownod: cc

HuntnCarve

Carl,

I got sets of dies stacked like cord wood along the side of the wall. :laf:  The real problem is everytime I go to the local gun shop, I'll pick up a box or so of bullet to reload with.  Get home only to find that I've already got a half dozen boxes unopened. :wo: 
I learned early on to say "no" to neighbors who learn you reload.  Otherwise, you'll be spending hours loading up ammo for them. -That got old fast!
In the end, as long as I'm "saving money" :alscalls: I'll keep at the reloading hobby.  It recommend that Jim do the same. :innocentwhistle:

Dave

WldWldWest

Quote from: HuntnCarve on May 16, 2012, 07:50:17 AM
Carl,

I got sets of dies stacked like cord wood along the side of the wall. :laf:  The real problem is everytime I go to the local gun shop, I'll pick up a box or so of bullet to reload with.  Get home only to find that I've already got a half dozen boxes unopened. :wo: 
I learned early on to say "no" to neighbors who learn you reload.  Otherwise, you'll be spending hours loading up ammo for them. -That got old fast!
In the end, as long as I'm "saving money" :alscalls: I'll keep at the reloading hobby.  It recommend that Jim do the same. :innocentwhistle:

Dave
I learned a long time ago Dave, If somone wants to learn to reload I am more than happy to show them...Key word being SHOW! I'll even let em use my gear! I will not do it for them :nofgr:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!