• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Deer, Hogs and Coyotes

Started by Carolina Coyote, November 24, 2013, 09:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Been a pretty good year for meat on the table and a few Coyotes down in Georgia.

First Hog I killed this year approx weight 250 lbs.

Black Coyote that came cruising by looking for Breakfasts one morning  while I was deer Hunting.
[URL=http://s254.photobucket.com/user/cafree54/media/2013032.jpg.html]

1/2 hour or so after the Black Coyote came by this fellow showed up.
[/URL]

The next week this guy came by.

The next evening about 30 min before dark this 185 lbs guy came out and is noe in packs of sausage, yum yum

A few days later a friend had just got up in the stand and this big old Hog came out, our scales only go to 300 lbs and it bottomed out way before getting him off the ground, we guess maybe 350 to 375?

Next evening Sam had a herd come out and he connected on this 150 lb and a piglet that will be some fine eating.

A couple of days later a nephew from Maryland that comes down to hunt took this 205 lb 9 point buck with 18 inch inside spread.     

This Black Coyote really made my day as I had been doing very little calling this year while on the stand and decided to start the day with a few calls, about 30 min. after daylight I got my Brent Saxton call out and played a little Rabbit distress, less than a minute later this guy came bouncing out at 65 yards and I gave him a 69 Grain Sierra from the Kimber .223 and sent him on to Coyote wonderland.

Well when you are on a roll expect anything to happen, The last morning of that week I got on the stand about 30 min before daylight and was getting out my Binoculars and other gear and had been in the stand about 5 mins and decided to look thru the Bino's . To dark to see anything with the necked eye but could see some dark spots that was moving about 30 yards in front of the stand and realized a Herd of Hogs was in front of me, to dark to get a decent shot so I watched as they wandered away from the stand and out of site, I was using my .223 and did not want to shoot anything unless it would be a Bang Flop and was a little disappointed that I could not make a shot but the good Lord was looking after me and 25 minutes later this 225 lbs Hog came ambling from where I had seen the Herd disappear and came to about 30 yards from the stand and I took my shot , I could tell his was hit pretty good but he did not go down but was staggering and doing that I'm hit pretty bad dance as he walked away, I got another shot and he stopped for a moment but then disappeared. I waite until everyone else was down from hunting and got one of the guys that can follow a blood trail real good to come help find him, No Blood trail which in not unusual for Hogs but my friend is a good tracked and started circling out the way the Hog was headed and found him about 100 yards from where I shot him.

[0 yards from where I shot him.

Carolina Coyote

Had some problems with the Computer and things got a little messed up.
This Black Coyote really made my day as I had been doing very little calling this year while on the stand and decided to start the day with a few calls, about 30 min. after daylight I got my Brent Saxton call out and played a little Rabbit distress, less than a minute later this guy came bouncing out at 65 yards and I gave him a 69 Grain Sierra from the Kimber .223 and sent him on to Coyote wonderland.

Well when you are on a roll expect anything to happen, The last morning of that week I got on the stand about 30 min before daylight and was getting out my Binoculars and other gear and had been in the stand about 5 mins and decided to look thru the Bino's . To dark to see anything with the necked eye but could see some dark spots that was moving about 30 yards in front of the stand and realized a Herd of Hogs was in front of me, to dark to get a decent shot so I watched as they wandered away from the stand and out of site, I was using my .223 and did not want to shoot anything unless it would be a Bang Flop and was a little disappointed that I could not make a shot but the good Lord was looking after me and 25 minutes later this 225 lbs Hog came ambling from where I had seen the Herd disappear and came to about 30 yards from the stand and I took my shot , I could tell his was hit pretty good but he did not go down but was staggering and doing that I'm hit pretty bad dance as he walked away, I got another shot and he stopped for a moment but then disappeared. I waite until everyone else was down from hunting and got one of the guys that can follow a blood trail real good to come help find him, No Blood trail which in not unusual for Hogs but my friend is a good tracked and started circling out the way the Hog was headed and found him about 100 yards from where I shot him.

Carolina Coyote

Next evening Sam had a herd come out and he connected on this 150 lb and a piglet that will be some fine eating.

FinsnFur

Holy crap...you been busy! I guess that explains where ya been hiding. :congrats: Nice haul ya got there!
I cant believe you guys are still pulling black coyotes out down there. Mannn!

Oh by the way your were being summoned a little while ago;
http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=17701.0
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

gravesco hunter

looks like very good luck,and a whole lot of meat

FOsteology

The trifecta! Awesome. Those black coyotes are neat. Never seen one before other than pictures.

possumal

Nice harvest to put it mildly!  Like you, I rate the black coyote top of the list.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Carolina Coyote

The Black Coyotes are a special Treat, The two this year makes 3 I have killed in Georgia, we have also caught a couple more in traps. I shot another Coyote this year that ran off and could not find but tagged him pretty good, another treat the morning after calling in the the Second Black Coyote I called in a double but they busted me, I got a shot off as they ran into a thicket, I started a pup distress and they started to Bark  back at me. I did a challenging call and one of them came back out but returned to the thicket before I could get a shot, I sat there and chatted with them for several minutes before they hung up on me. LOL First time I have ever had that to happen.cc

coyote101

Wow Carl, you guys are having a great year.  :yoyo: Congratulations.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Either you have lots of friends that like to eat or you have a VERY LARGE freezer.  No matter which it is, that had to be lots of fun.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Looks like you are having a great year hunting Carl.   :highclap:  Hope the rest of the year is even better for you.

Dave

centerfire_223

Can't wait to get back down there and give them another try!!! I just got an email and the farmer at the Mathis farm has seen another black coyote on his farm. Looks like we will have to go give it a shot just as soon as I get a day off. If we could get that one, it would be 10 blackies off of that farm.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

JohnP

I may have to come up there and visit with ya'll for a while.  Do you make sausage out of the entire hog, how bout chops, tenderloin, ribs, etc. 

Nice coyote, have never seen a black coyote in the wild. 

John
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Carolina Coyote

Mr. John, Hogs over 250 lbs we give away as the chops are a little tough, anything under 250 you can process anyway you want and it is great from my experience, the last one in the pictures (Hog  # 3 ) I cut the Loin out and the Ribs The rest in Sausage, the meat is as good as any I have ever ate, my BIL cooked the Loin out of the second Hog I killed this year and said it was the best he had ever ate. All the Hogs killed so far have been Boars.  I Hope to get a 150 Sow to see how they are. cc

Dave

Wow
Looks like you are having WAAAYYYY too much fun!   :yoyo:

centerfire_223

Mr. John come on out and we will try to get you a black dog. I have a farm that has one on it right now, was just seen a couple of days ago.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

How bout the black coyotes?.... How many decent chops do they yield? :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Wow Carl you're having a grand time!  :biggrin:
Looks like the QDM is paying off.  :highclap:

JohnP

Ronnie thanks for the invite.  I'm sure that between you and Carl I would come back with more "pork" than I could eat in a lifetime and I sure would like to get a black coyote.  However my current physical limitation kinda restrict my travels. 

I do have a suggestion for all that pork.  If you have more than you can eat in a reasonable time frame --- donate it to your local muslim food bank!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dale

Quote from: JohnP on November 28, 2013, 09:43:09 AM
I do have a suggestion for all that pork.  If you have more than you can eat in a reasonable time frame --- donate it to your local muslim food bank!

now that's just funny...  :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...