• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Nice double for Possumal and Yote Yoda

Started by possumal, May 17, 2014, 10:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Yote Yoda and I went out late this afternoon to put a few miles on his Polaris and to test out an adaptor I rigged up for using the Fox Jack  decoy on my CS-24.  We set up about 15 yards apart on the upper edge of a huge stubble field, Yoda watching to the left and Possumal watching straight up the middle and to the right.  Two big males came into the field by a ditch about 150 yards to Yoda's left and were locked onto the decoy.  I let them come until they were about 65 yds away and whooped them to a stop. They were about 10 yards apart and Yoda's rifle and mine cracked nearly simultaneously, both coyotes DRT. Yoda's weighed 43 lbs. and mine 37 lbs., both rubbed and shedding bad. Here is a picture of the two:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Nice work. Looks like you did those two a big favor.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Yes, very nice work! You two men obviously have confidence in one another and work together.  You must have already known which coyote each of you would shoot, without last second communicating.  Good job!

Hawks Feather

Good work.  Actually, good teamwork. 

Jerry

possumal

Jim, no sign of mange on these two. Typical moulting I have seen many times on coyotes in Kentucky this time of year. Won't be long until they are in their summer coat, all ears and not much fur.

Okanagan and Jerry:

Yote Yoda and I have hunted together for a lot of years now, and we do know how each of us thinks, including which one to shoot when multiples show up.  Our wives say we have gone to the dogs, probably true.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

gravesco hunter

JohnP

Good job guys.  Hard to beat a couple of guys that hunt together and know how each is going to react to a given situation. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs