• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Dad.

Started by nastygunz, November 04, 2020, 03:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Every fall comes around I think about Dad,he loved  to hunt particularly partridge.  This is me and him when I was about 15 years old.   He said he used to wear all that orange because he was hunting with me and my four brothers ha ha.   That pretty little dog is a Redbone that was named Julie. We used to hunt snowshoe hare with her during the daytime and then at night she was one hell of a coonhound!  I will always be grateful that he put the love of hunting and fishing in the outdoors in me.

FinsnFur

And the ole square body in the background :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I knew you would notice that lol.

pitw

Looked like you have some good memory's of hunting with dad.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

He was a stern disciplinarian, a hard worker, and the best father a boy could ask for.  Another hunting thing I remember is when he got too old to get out in the woods very good every fall him and my mother would cruise the back roads and spot partridge and he would shoot them out the window and she would jump out and retrieve them. The game warden at the time was an old guy who had been there for decades and he was pretty  good about letting the old-timers stay in the game by road hunting. If you were a young fella and got caught he would skin you alive ha ha.  He was the best present giver too, Christmas or your birthday you would always get a gun or a buck knife or ammunition or something like that from him, no socks and underwear!

nastygunz

This is the look we use to greet Massachusetts hunters with  :biggrin: :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com