• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Here's a real deal

Started by Bopeye, September 24, 2006, 02:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

I cant wait! :eyebrownod: May haft to make a weekend trip when I go down to pick her up!

Those are some good looken pups Randy!

Brent

Bopeye

Good looking dogs Randy.......very pretty.

Kee...I'm looking forward to it too. My female still hasn't had her first heat cycle though.  :wo: Can't figure out why yet.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

RShaw

Bop,  They are green papered Kemmers. Half treeing feist and half kemmer. Trouble with them is they don't know a stranger.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

Bopeye

That is a little scary Randy...........my two females are fairly friendly with strangers, but my male doesn't even like Coyotehunter1..........he's a one family dog.......I like that.... :wink:

Lighterknot

I would feel more comfortable with a dog that was gonna bark and growl at everyone he didn't know the first few times.  Instead of being super friendly towards someone trying to pry open the back window or door.  Hey Bop did any of the pictures in this thread show the male you were gonna breed your female with?
Chad

vvarmitr

Bopeye: can the Org Mtn Cur & the Kemmers be crossed & still be papered? :shrug: I confused on this point. :confused:
I still haven't found a female I want. :rolleye:

Bopeye

Quote from: Lighterknot on October 12, 2006, 08:41:30 AM
Hey Bop did any of the pictures in this thread show the male you were gonna breed your female with?

First picture on this thread.............biggest dog on the left.

Bopeye

Quote from: vvarmitr on October 12, 2006, 04:01:41 PM
Bopeye: can the Org Mtn Cur & the Kemmers be crossed & still be papered? :shrug: I confused on this point. :confused:
I still haven't found a female I want. :rolleye:

The can VV, but it's a real mess. The Kemmer camp and the OMCBA camp really dislike each other. You can cross a Kemmer and OMCBA and register it with Kemmer, but it will have green papers, which make it disqualified to hunt in their world hunt. A white papered Kemmer is supposedly so much % Kemmer........ :confused: whereas the green papered ones are "watered" down some.
You can't paper the dog OMCBA unless both parents are OMCBA registered.

The craziest part of it all............both camps come from the same line of dogs.   :rolleye:

I don't even get involved with the politics of those two camps........real stupid crap.....just stems from Robert Kemmer of my hometown, breaking away from OMCBA over a little dispute. Both camps are basically right. It's ridiculous...... :huh:

slagmaker

My grandpa breed coon dogs. He always said ya want to start an argument talk about relegion, politics or breading. For the most part I have found him to be right.

I loved my grandpa.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Bopeye

Just a little heads up. My female that I was going to breed has still not come into heat. Here she is at 14 months old and still no heat cycle.........I'm very puzzled to say the least.
I am going to have her checked by a vet to see what's up. I just didn't want you guys that I promised a dog, to think I'm holding out on you.

This coming month will start my two dogs official introduction into the world of tolling for coyotes...........should be some fun. :biggrin:

Jeb

LOL I was thinking about that this morning...........we will have to keep our fingers crossed.
                   Jeb

Bopeye

Please do. It's not totally unheard of this happening. I had two female beagles that waited until they were 14 and 16 months to have their first cycle. They both went on to cycle regularly, but I had a buddy who's female did that and she died trying to give birth. Vet said her (something or other  :huh: ) hadn't developed properly.

I sure don't want to lose my dog trying to have pups, so I do believe a vet check is in order.
My wife claims she cycled a couple months ago and that I missed it. I seriously doubt that as I check her every day, but having said that it could have been so light that I didn't notice. We'll see........... :wo:

Bopeye

My female came into season............. :yoyo:

Just thought I would let you know.........hope my male didn't do anything before I got her out of there.... :huh: :wo:
I guess we'll see.

clousewt

Hey Bopeye, you are giving these guys a good shot at some good dogs. I wish my wife didnt have my back yard full of English Bulldogs that like to eat other dogs. If we had room I would get one too, that is the deal of the century. Maybe I could teach her dogs to catch coyote's. They would die of heart attacks after about 15 feet of running though. Be good for when the yote was caught though. Mark your calender, and keep your eyes peeled in 5 to 6 months. She might even come in as close as 4 months.

Jeb

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :biggrin:

Quote from: Bopeye on January 17, 2007, 08:18:46 PM
My female came into season............. :yoyo:

Just thought I would let you know.........hope my male didn't do anything before I got her out of there.... :huh: :wo:
I guess we'll see.

Bopeye

Well Jeb...........I guess you didn't look at the other thread........ :readthis:

Do you want a male, female or does it matter?

Jeb