• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Free advertising on PM

Started by HaMeR, March 26, 2008, 08:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

You might not be able to find it because the application may still be pending with the IRS.

That's only a big deal if the IRS rejects the application for non profit and they have people who have contributed thinking they will be able to write if off their taxes when they wont.

I'm sure they have lawyers working on it.   Not even Redfrog would be so dumb as to try to screw with the IRS.  At least one would hope.

On the other hand, they ARE required under IRS Code to provide anyone with a copy of their letter of incorporation or articles of incorporation and up to the last 3 financial statmes when ask,  They cannot refuse you.

All of the Mods and Admin keep saying how they are all volunteers and make nothing off of PM.   How many of them get a free advertising banner over there?  Even the retired staff - well, most of them.  I think there was some rule putin place by the Frog that if you were retired PM staff and moderated on  - oh - say  -FnF that you would have to pay to advertise on PM?   

I also see that Tebbe has jumped in.   How many of the members over there know that he has a couple of files that would be of great interest to the membership but that have ne

I think it might be time for some of the dirt to come out.   As for slander and libel, remember Semp, the TRUTH is an absolute defense.   THey haven't got a chance.

Someone needs to take screen shots of the entire thread so they cannot come back and say they never refused to disclose their articles of incorporation or that no one ever asked.

Remember, the TRUTH is an absolute defense.

AL
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bills Custom Calls

I am probably gonna get banned now
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

browning204

semp: I read that over there last night, you my friend are awesome!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

msmith

Quote from: HaMeR on March 28, 2008, 02:56:30 PM
QuoteThe insinuation from moderators 

That's it. I still think it was one of the mods over there trying to get all the dual members to show themselves so they can give them the boot.  :wink: Kinda clean house of the riff raff if you will.  :biggrin:  I like being riff raff. It just feels good.  :biggrin:

Well if that's the case, i'm gonna get banned over there and while I'm at it, I might as well get banned here too while my post count is in the single digits.

Myself and others come to these boards (F and F and PM) to learn, talk about coyotes, hunting, fishiing, shooting, and outdoor stuff in general. We don't come here to listen to this bs between a few guys here and there. To keep stirring the pot publicly just ruins the atmosphere and is a manifestation of one's character. I just wish that you guys that actually had the beef would take it behind the scenes. Like I said over there, "It takes two to tango, I can't see either side being 100% innocent" and I can see crap coming from both sides. I like who I like and make no apologies, but if I"m getting tired of this then I guarantee that there are a whole lot of others that are too. There is a WHOLE lot of great information here and on PM but it is getting obscure due to all of the nonsense.

Mike
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Bopeye

When the walls.........come tumbling down....... :innocentwhistle:

Catchy tune isn't it?  :eyebrownod: Now it's in your head and will be there all night....... :yoyo:

It ain't nothing but a "thang" though boys. Every dog has his day.......some dogs have two.........ya know what I'm saying Tater?  :eyebrow: :readthis: :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

nastygunz

NON-PROFIT DATABASE
---------------------------------
http://www.guidestar.org/

KySongDog

Looks like the thread was edited and locked by McCasland.

Crapshoot posted a pic of him grinning ear to ear holding a pup with its guts blowed out.  Some members took offense and now the mods have edited the pic and comments and locked the thread.    :rolleye:

But I guess that's how they do things over there. 

nastygunz: I checked out that data base   http://www.guidestar.org/  but couldn't find PM in it.   Is it in there somewhere?

Semp

I.O.N.Doyle

I will say that the pic spoken of should have been removed. I have been a member of PM for sometime and only recently joined here (I make no appologies for either BTW) so take what I say with a grain of salt that no matter what anybody feels about editing anything that photo had to go. Regardless of where everybody belongs forumwise there are certain things that just should not be shown.

KySongDog

Quote from: I.O.N.Doyle on March 31, 2008, 11:36:26 PM
I will say that the pic spoken of should have been removed. I have been a member of PM for sometime and only recently joined here (I make no appologies for either BTW) so take what I say with a grain of salt that no matter what anybody feels about editing anything that photo had to go. Regardless of where everybody belongs forumwise there are certain things that just should not be shown.

I agree that the picture was in poor taste and most probably would add fuel to the anti hunters cause.  Removing the picture was the right thing to do.  However, editing and/or deleting members comments should not have done, IMHO. 

But, as I said, it is their board and that is how they do things.

Semp

THO Game Calls

QuoteBut, as I said, it is their board and that is how they do things

I disagree completely.   Respectfully of course, but I do disagree.

The MINUTE they become a Non Profit Organization, that board becomes the PEOPLES board.  We are footing the tax burden that they are escaping by being a Non Profit. 

They must serve the public good to maintain their non profit status.   If it can be shown that they are not doing that, then they should lose that status.

Semp, if they have not sent you a copy of their IRS Non Profit letter, they are in violation of the IRS code and that is grounds enough right there to lose their non profit status.

Their financial statement will come out when they reach the end of their fiscal year, so they are OK on that, but after their first year, they must provide anyone who request the last three copies of their 990.

This is not something they can do if "they want to" IT IS REQUIRED.

It will be interesting to see what the financial statement says.  For years PM has said that the Administrators and Moderators do not receive any compensation for volunteering on PM.  However, that may not be exactly true.   It is rumored that current mods and administrators as well as some who have retired from the PM staff receive their advertising accounts for free.  I see nothing wrong with rewarding them for their efforts, but it is compensation, no matter how small, and they are not being entirely truthful with the members by saying otherwise.  In addition, the mods and admin who receive their advertising for free, if they do, probably must report that as income to the IRS. 

The normal time frame for being approved for 501 c 3 status is 4 to 6 months.  It has been over 10 months now.  Something is wrong.  Either they mislead the membership when they made the announcement last May 21st or they were rejected.  In either case, there is no record at the IRS of their being a non profit, and they have skillfully skirted the issue.

All of this may sound like just BS and being pissed at PM, but it goes deeper than that.  If people have made contributions to PM in the guise of them being a non profit and they are not, or they have not been approved or rejected, those donation are not tax deductible.  If they are aware that they were rejected, or they have not even submitted yet, then they are committing fraud by claiming they are a non profit.

It also must be pointed out that if PM is decieving the membership by claiming Non Profit status, and they come under fire from the IRS, will they have the ability to defend themselves or will the board be disolved?  Where will this leave their current crop of paying advertisors?  At the very least they stand to lose their advertising fees, and at the worst, suffer the stigma of being associated with an organization that attempted to dupe 20,000 members and the US Government. 

If you think back to last May, when the announcement was made, a few high profile people stepped down.  One has to wonder why?   As things look right now, it is a shady deal at best. 

So are they or aren't they?   And they wont tell.   Which again, violates the IRS Code and leaves the door open to them committing an act of fraud if they are not.

What say you Redfrog?  You're reading this.  Can you PROVE that you are indeed a non profit corporation under IRS Code?  It is such an easy thing to do.  Scan your IRS letter and post it.  The battle will be partly over, and you can concentrate on fulfiling your obligatins to the public in order to maintain the non profit status.

The members of PM deserve the truth, your advertisors deserve the truth,and you, by US LAW are required to provide the proof that will put this to rest.

Even if you are Canadian.

AL
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

bigben

what I am still trying to figure out is how crapshoot can post a pic like he did knowing that he was pissin someone off.  when in there dreaded TOS agreement it states that you are not allowed to stir the shit so to speak or else you get the axe.  is crapshoot granted a free pass because he was a mod/admin or what ever he was over there.  that is something that does not make any sense kinda like "do as I say not as I do".
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

I personally have no problem with photos demonstrating bullet performance. That is a byproduct of what we do.

I also believe that somehow/someway the French Maid over there got that board linked to Canadian NP law somehow. I don't know how it could be done as I'm not smart enough to figure that crap out but I just don't trust the sumbitch. Could be why folks stepped down over there.  :shrug:

^^^^^ is pure speculation on my part.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Quote from: THO Game Calls on April 01, 2008, 08:21:46 AM
QuoteBut, as I said, it is their board and that is how they do things

I disagree completely.   Respectfully of course, but I do disagree.

The MINUTE they become a Non Profit Organization, that board becomes the PEOPLES board.  We are footing the tax burden that they are escaping by being a Non Profit. 

They must serve the public good to maintain their non profit status.   If it can be shown that they are not doing that, then they should lose that status.

Semp, if they have not sent you a copy of their IRS Non Profit letter, they are in violation of the IRS code and that is grounds enough right there to lose their non profit status.

Al, what I was talking about in my post was their practice of editing/deleting posts.  I was not talking about their obligations as a tax free organization to furnish the tax exemption letter or copies of their form 990. 

They have furnished neither to me as of this date.

Semp

KySongDog

Quote from: Semp on March 29, 2008, 05:58:39 AM
I asked to see their IRS tax exemption letter since PM says it is tax exempt. Seemed like a reasonable request to me because I suspect they ARE tax exempt.  I just can't find their name (or variation of it) in the IRS data base of tax exempt organizations.

The IRS website says, "In addition, you may verify an organization's tax-exempt status and eligibility to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions by asking to see an organization's IRS letter recognizing it as tax-exempt. "

I also asked to see some financial data since they are spending OUR money (they don't pay tax therefore WE subsidize their existence with OUR tax dollars). 

That's when the moderators and toadies with the blackjacks and hatchets showed up.  Yep, this is going to be interesting.

Semp

Update

PM says they are a 501 (c) (3) tax exempt corporation.

I contacted the IRS. They have no record of PM being a tax exempt non profit. 

So......A. They are listed under a different name than PM so the IRS couldn't find them. In other words, listed under an unknown name.
          B. Their application is still pending and hasn't made it through the process so it's not in the data base yet.
          C. They are not tax exempt and/or a non profit company.

Their refusal to show their tax exemption letter is against the IRS rules.  They say I have to wait till June.  I will wait and see if they come up with the required documentation.  If they do, fine.  If not, I am going to elevate this matter further. I won't stop.

Semp

browning204

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Bopeye

Semp,
  I don't think that's how that works. I believe once you have declared yourself a tax exempt entity, then you are subject to all rules and laws from that point forward.  :innocentwhistle:

June ya say?  :wo:

KySongDog

Bop

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.  And I can wait till June if that's what it takes.  I find it very hard to believe they would declare that they are a 501 (c) (3) corporation (which means any donations to them are tax deductible to the donor...just like a church) and then not be what they said they were. 

Yep, June is what the mod said in his reply in the thread.

I think they are violating the rules by refusing to give their IRS tax exemption letter to me (or to anyone who asks for that matter).  We'll see how this turns out. 

Semp

Bopeye

Quote from: Thumper17 on June 10, 2008, 10:03:33 PM
:innocentwhistle:

This is a dandy first post........... :laf:

Welcome aboard Thumper.

weedwalker