• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

This Is BS

Started by Bills Custom Calls, June 09, 2008, 05:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

I just heard on the news that gas is expected to hit $5.00 a gallon by election day
My question is how are folks on a limited income gonna even make it to doctors appointments better yet how
will they even survive.

The best solution in my opinion is if the truckers would go on strike for 2 weeks that would show the oil companies
enough is enough.
I know it would eventuly shut everthing down,but something needs to be done

I am sure this is a rush to grab all the money the oil companies can get before the election
I guess I needed to vent

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

i think it's inevitable and we need ourselves need to learn some discipline. It's not going to be easy but it's gotta happen.
Were just simply too addicted to fuel, and have taken it for granted to long.

Look what we pay for luxury liquids, beer, Gatorade, Mouthwash, and take a look at what their price per gallon would be. But that dont bother us.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

As far as trucks shutting down for two weeks, what would happen if you and your coworkers didn't show up for work for two weeks. It sounds good, but I think the trucking companies would find someone to replace them fast. And then truck drivers would be worse a--holes than they are now, when no one could get their food or whatever because it's still sitting on the dock a thousand miles away.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Carolina Coyote

I know this sounds a little stupid but if everyone would just park their vechicle for a couple of days, buy no fuel it would send a message , we can't expect just the Truckers to strike they are working guys like everyone else. I think the guys on Wallstreet are the one's running up the price?  :confused: :shrug: cc

Braz

Yep, it is Wall Street and not the oil companies. Sure they are making billions, but on their investment, they only make 7-8% profit. Way, way below most other companies. Here is an article by Walter Williams, a conservative economist, regarding this very issue.

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=P1100
Braz

browning204

Maybe if our lazy ass government would put more pressure on the oil countries to lower the prices instead of asking nicely and then tucking their tails when they say no.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

coyote101

This is the greatest country on earth. We have vast reserves of oil and natural gas, and the technology to produce safe and efficient nuclear energy. And yet there has not been any new oil exploration or a new refinery built here in thirty years. No nuclear power produced either. Our economy is being sacrificed on the alter of the tree huggers and environmentalists, and we march on like sheep to the slaughter.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

linemansteve

On Fox news this morning they where saying gas would be $1.00 a gallon cheaper if not traded on the big board. This would allow the Oil company's to deal direct with the consumer. :shrug: It's getting tough when $100.00 will only buy 3/4 tank of Diesel.
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

KySongDog

I'll bet the coyotes are celebrating right now.   :biggrin:

Can't afford the gas to go scout and chase 'em.   :rolleye:

Semp

HaMeR

QuoteOur economy is being sacrificed on the alter of the tree huggers and environmentalists, and we march on like sheep to the slaughter.

DAMN STRAIGHT!! We have the oil. Ours comes from Alaska & gets sent overseas too. I think we need to become a more self sufficient country in certain things & when another country somewhere in the world needs our help then we should be repaid in some way. Kuwait is where I would start. They owe us millions of barrels of oil for saving their little New Jersey sized country & we get nothing from them. There is no reason we can't develop alternate sources either.

Quotei think it's inevitable and we need ourselves need to learn some discipline. It's not going to be easy but it's gotta happen.
Were just simply too addicted to fuel, and have taken it for granted to long.

Here again. We've proved in just a few short years that we do not care how much gas costs per gallon. Watch the other drivers around you on the highway as you are touring along at the posted speed limit. The biggest gas guzzlers are driving the fastest & they don't care. The park & rides around here are not filling up. There just isn't any carpooling going on either. I would ride with a couple other guys to work but I like to be on time every day so I have to drive.

BTW-- It'll be $5.00 per gallon BY July 4th.  :argh:  They are not waiting on election day.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

Long winded & maybe even boring.  :shrug:

Lawmakers Split on Drilling for Vast Amounts of Oil in USA
By Josiah Ryan
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
June 06, 2008

On the Spot (CNSNews.com) - Members of Congress interviewed by Cybercast News Service on Thursday were split on what to do about huge amounts of oil within U.S. territory that remains untapped because of U.S. laws and regulations.

A report released by the Interior Department's Bureau of Land Management (BLM) last month estimates there are 139 billion barrels of untapped, recoverable oil onshore and offshore in the United States.

Two Republican congressmen say they support removing regulations in order to drill for the oil, while two Democrats say they oppose immediate action.

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) told Cybercast News Service he was aware of the BLM report .

"You've got that right," he said. "We can't get it (the oil) because the environmental elitists are preventing that with moratoria saying it would take ten years to get it developed," he said.

Rep Mike Pence (R-Ind.) also said Congress ought to deregulate to allow more drilling.

"My sense is that the most direct route is for Congress to take direct action and give the American people more access to American oil," Pence told Cybercast News Service .

When asked if he favored deregulation to allow more drilling of the undiscovered oil resources reported by BLM, Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.) replied, "No."

The California congressman added that he could "never say never" about the possibility of future drilling, but that circumstances would have to be "pretty drastic" for him to agree to more drilling.

"I am more concerned about global warming and the impact of fossil fuel," he said.

House Ways And Means Chairman Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y) told Cybercast News Service he needs to study the issue more before deciding if regulations should be removed to allow more drilling.

"I haven't studied enough to make that decision," Rangel said.

When pressed on whether he thinks some of the oil resources estimated by BLM ought to be available for American consumption, Wrangel replied: "Yes, but there are other issues that could cause damage. That's what hearings are for. We have to have hearings and have experts and study the pros and cons."

The 139 billion barrels of undiscovered oil that the Interior Department estimates the U.S. possesses is more oil than is reported by U.S. Energy Information Administration to exist in the proven reserves of all countries except Saudi Arabia and Canada.

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

And another.

U.S. Policies Put Most U.S. Oil Off-Limits to Drilling
By Pete Winn
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
June 06, 2008

(CNSNews.com) - Huge basins of untapped oil can be found on federal lands throughout the United States, according to a new report from the federal government. But much of it cannot -- and may never be -- recovered, because it lies under national parks and national monuments, or it is subject to environmental laws and restrictions that make drilling prohibitive.

The report, which was produced at the request of Congress by the U.S. Department of Interior's Bureau of Land Management (BLM), said there are 279 million acres under federal management where oil and gas could potentially could be extracted.

More than half of it is totally off-limits to drillers.

"The total onshore resource is 31 billion barrels," said BLM's lead scientist Richard Watson, who authored the report. "Of that, 19 billion barrels are currently inaccessible or 62 percent. A little over 2 billion barrels, or 8 percent, is accessible under what we call standard lease terms."

If you add in the 85.9 billion barrels of oil that lie offshore, as determined by the Interior Department's Minerals Management Service, there are 117 billion barrels of oil on lands owned or managed by the U.S. government.

But all expansion of offshore oil recovery is currently off-limits.

Adding in what's available on privately held land, the figure rises to 139 billion barrels of oil, according to the government - more than the known oil reserves of Iran, Iraq, Russia, Nigeria or Venezuela, respectively.

The biggest untapped land-based oil deposit in the United States lies within ANWR, the Artic National Wildlife Refuge, which is currently off-limits.

"We estimate there is something on the order of 7.7 billion barrels in that one area alone," Watson told Cybercast News Service.

But setting aside Alaska, there is untapped oil on federal lands all across the United States, the government reported, with oil pockets found in Oregon, Washington state, Montana, Wyoming, Florida -- even in the Appalachian Mountains.

"In the lower 48 states, there are about 12 billion barrels onshore," Watson noted.

In California, for instance, where oil producers have been drilling for over 100 years, there are still large amounts available -- much of it situated near scenic Santa Barbara.

"In the Ventura basin, there are 281 million barrels under federal ownership," Watson said. "Forty-eight percent of that is inaccessible. The rest of it is accessible with varying restrictions on access."

Exploration restricted

What makes much of the California oil off-limits is the fact that the bulk of it lies under a national forest.

"You've got a wilderness area, a condor sanctuary, there are a couple of islands offshore that are part of a national park," Watson said.

Watson said Congress not only wanted to know how much oil there is on federal lands, it wanted to know what laws and regulations restrict exploration. Much of the oil is off-limits because of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Clean Water Act, the Endangered Species Act and the National Historic Preservation Act.

Oil producers, meanwhile, say that even when these laws don't forbid drilling, they are sometimes onerous, making it very difficult -- or unprofitable -- to get to the oil.

"NEPA, for instance, was originally supposed to be focused only on major federal actions," said Dan Naatz, vice president of federal resources for the Independent Petroleum Association of America.

"But now, through court cases and regulatory rulings, it is to the point where basically anytime an oil or gas well is proposed on federal land, producers either have to do an environmental impact statement, or a environmental assessment to comply with NEPA," Naatz added.

If producers don't engage in the costly and complicated studies, they will end up in court, being sued by environmental groups, he said.

The report also noted that a large amount of oil -- a little over 9 billion barrels, or 30 percent of the total -- is available for tapping, with restrictions.

"These restrictions are usually in place to mitigate possible environmental damage or to prevent destruction of wildlife migration or nesting," Watson said.

One restriction is the "no-surface occupancy stipulation,"which means drillers are not actually allowed onto the protected land.

Naatz said producers could recover more of the oil, if they were allowed to use directional drilling more often, which is frequently limited by regulations.

With directional drilling, producers obtain the rights to drill on land adjacent to the forbidden turf, drill down a short way, then drill horizontally - if they are allowed to.

"Directional drilling has revolutionized the industry," he said. "You don't ever want to tap into other areas that are not your property, but directional drilling has allowed the industry to reduce its footprint. From one well-pad, you can get a number of wells drilled."

Another obstacle the report noted is the process of obtaining drilling permits, Naatz said.

"The permitting process is very slow, very cumbersome," he said. "What happens is that the window of opportunity to operate on some lands is very limited. Usually you are talking about areas where they have winter-use restrictions, where there can be no activity, to allow for migratory birds or animals."

In many cases, Naatz said, the window for drilling narrows to as little as one month a year.

"In the oil and gas business, that makes it virtually impossible to access those areas," he added.

Environmental groups like the Sierra Club, meanwhile, are largely dismissive of the BLM report.

"It appears to be more of same kind of thing we've had all along from the Bush administration, which wants to exploit the land, rather than protect it," noted Kristina Johnson, a Sierra Club spokeswoman.

In 2000 and again in 2005, Congress passed laws requiring the Department of Interior to inventory the oil resources that could be found both onshore and offshore in U.S. territory - and any restrictions which bar their recovery.

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bills Custom Calls

I thought some of you would remembe when there was a truckers strike back in the early 70's
They got their point across,and everyone stuck together.

I think I live in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA but I bet you couldn't find a very big group of folks
to unite and stand together on this

Our Forefathers dumped a bunch a of tea in the harbor cause they didn't want to pay the tax on it.They got their point across and it worked
Where would we be today if they would have went their seperate ways and said this or that won't work.

I don't know about you fellers but I could get by 2 weeks without going to the store and having to buy something
I would say alot of folks could if you just thought about it

We have trusted the higher ups in this great country for so long and now they are taking advantage of everyone
and they will continue to do so until something drastic happens and a point is made.

If I would quit driving to work it wouldn't make an impact nowhere I live a mile from work so I could walk no big deal

But you folks that are driving 10 miles or more one way you have to be feeling this hike in gas prices

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Ladobe

This nation has always thrived on low gas prices, the lowest of all the industrialized nations.   That won't change - prices are going up world wide.   We're still better off that say Europe, where current runs $8-10 per.   How about Latin America where current in some countries runs as low as 12 cents per though?

There's been places in CA where low tech has been near $5 per for months and high tech about $5.50 per.    The western states all have higher prices on average than the rest of the country.  Supposedly this summer the national average will be $5 per ($4 now), with the west the highest.  

Right now it costs about $115 to fill the tank on my 1/2 ton pickemup, but only about $45 to fill the Corvette's tank.   It's still relative though... the Vette only has a range of about 100 miles highway IF I keep my foot out of it, and the truck has about 4X that range.  Sure glad I am not dependant on gas anymore.   Has to be hard for those still working and raising families.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

THO Game Calls

First off, it is apples to oranges to compare what we pay for gas in the US to what they pay in Europe.  A great deal of the price of gas in Europe is tied to taxes  -  not like our taxes, but for things like free health care.  That argument is a complete strawman, and it is a tired argument at that.  It is used to rope you in, make you feel not so bad about paying 5 bucks a gallon for gas.   Don't be fooled by it, as it is complete hogwash,

Issue 2 - no matter what the economist tell you, that 7 to 8% proffit is bogus.   Most of these companies are buying everything they can, investing in everything they can JUST TO KEEP THE PROFFIT MARGIN DOWN.  There are only two ways to make money, You either charge more, or you sell more.   If it were supply and demand, we would have gas stations running out of gas.  But none have.  This is pure and simple market manipulation.  There is plenty of gas out there.   US gas usage actually has gone down in the last 2 years.  There is no supply and demand issue at play.  It is, pure market manipulation.  Everyting you hear, about refineray production being at 100%, or no new refineries have been built for 20 years and blah blah blah is said to keep the sheep from ganging up on the wolves.   Think about it.  If there was such a supply and demand issue, there WOULD BE NO GAS. 

Anyone have a problem getting gas?   Diesel?  Even after Katrina hit?   Anyone see any stations out of gas?  Anyone seen any rationing?   

What does that mean?   Or better yet - WHY ARE WE FALLING FOR IT?

Gas will probably hit 5 bucks a gallon, but will then drop a few months later to 4 and change - and the sheeple will have been conditioned to believe that 4 and change is cool. 

We as a nation are being manipulted and WE DONT CARE. 

Come November, when people have to start filling their oil tanks, that is when people are going to start caring.  When a family cannot afford to heat their home, the stuff wll hit the fan.   This could be a very very long winter for a lot of people.

Couple that with the  impact this is already having on our local and state governments, and the impact it will have in the future.  You think the mortage mess right now is a problem?  Just wait.  It stands to get 100 times worse.  Here's why.

As oil prices are driven up by greed, our local and state govermnets have no choice but to raise taxes on people who are already streached thin just so our local and state governments can pay for basic services.   

But what happens when the people can no longer pay?  They will lose everything.  Homes will be forclosed for back taxes, business will shut down.....

and then what?  With no money coming in, what happens to the basic services?

What happens when the policeman cant come because he has no gas in his patrol car

What happens when the fire department has no diesel in it's trucks

What happens when the schools have to combine and we have 70 or 80 kids in a class room because the city cannot afford to heat three schools?

What is going to happnen

No matter what happens though, remember this number

What is that numbeer?  It is perspective.   Remember that 7 to 8% proffit margin mentioned by everyone telling you the oil companies are not getting rich off the backs of the common man?

Let's put it into perspective and then you can decide.

That is the PROFFIT in DOLLARS that the two smallest oil companies in the world made

every second

of every minute

of every hour

of every day

of every week

of every month

for the last three months.

$2082 Per Second

And they were the little guys.

Like you and me.

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

ninthinning

The ONLY way energy prices will come down is to drill for oil in America.  We have vast reserves of oil that are off limits to drilling.  Drill. That's it. Period.
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

alscalls

Thats what Bush wanted when he first became Pres. and he aint giving up.  I say kiss my behind and put the American farmer back to work growing clean oil....Vegetable
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

ninthinning

America is the Saudi Arabia of coal, we have 30% of all known coal on Earth.  we could convert the coal into diesel and have cheap motor fuel for centuries.
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

THO Game Calls

I would respectfully disagree.

Oil prices now are 30 to 50 dollars more a barrel than they would be if they were not being traded by US traders on foreign exchanges.

This is documented, as it was stated by an Exxon executive, and it is why the federal government is currently investigating oil comodities trading.

US Traders know that there is much scrutiny of their actions on US markets, but not so on the foreign markets.

As for President Bush....

The first American family to drill for oil in Kuait was named.....BUSH

Then National Security Advisor and now Secratary of State had a 129,000-ton Chevron tanker named after her.  The USS Condoleezza Rice

It was quietly been renamed in 2001.   "We made the change to eliminate the unnecessary attention caused by the vessel's original name," said Chevron spokesman Fred Gorell.

Did you get that?

They made the change to eliminate the unnecessary attention  -   Do you wonder what they were trying to hide?

and Dick Cheney needs no further comments when it comes to big oil and big oil companies.

The bottom line is really quite simple.  Until the federal government takes some action to limit comodaties trading and hedge funds from investing in oil futures, we wil contine to pay at the pump.

The current administration could care less what happens to you and me or anyone else except their buddies in the oil business.

On Feb 28th of this year, our President was asked the following and gave the following response:

Q What's your advice to the average American who is hurting now, facing the prospect of $4 a gallon gasoline, a lot of people facing —

THE PRESIDENT: Wait, what did you just say? You're predicting $4 a gallon gasoline?

Q A number of analysts are predicting —

THE PRESIDENT: Oh, yeah?

Q — $4 a gallon gasoline this spring when they reformulate.

THE PRESIDENT: That's interesting. I hadn't heard that.

The price of a gallon of gas, not just here in America, but around the world is being manilulated.   

And yes, I used to be a Bush supporter.  But the day I saw my countries president doing a soft shoe routine to entertain reporters on the steps of the White House while waiting for John McCain the new Republican Party Presidental nominee, I lost ALL respect for him.  He brings disgrace and dishonor to the office when young men and women are fighting and dying in a 6 year long war, and common families accross our nation are wondering how the hell they are going to keep their kids warm and fed this winter, and all he has time for is to do a Fred Astair routine on the White House steps for all the world to see.

At least Clinton tried to keep it private.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

pitw

Don't forget your children.  If you drill and use your oil now there won't be any left for future generations.  I think you guys are doing the right thing burning oil from other countries and saving your own.
I say what I think not think what I say.