• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Call Maker Competition

Started by FinsnFur, February 06, 2007, 02:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

That's one thing none of you will ever have to worry about coming from this ole boy  :nono:

Spent the first two days of the LBL trip, at Brent's house. We was setting out in his shop one night suckin some long necks, and I said, "Gimme a hunk of wood and lemme see how this shiit works."  :eyebrownod:

He says, "grab a piece and git r done"

This'll be the last call you ever see with my name as the maker on it  :whew: but it was kind of a fun little experience.
I was ready to quit sanding after the first 6 grits of paper...Brent looks at the call, shook his head, and says, " Yer bout half done son:iroll:

The final product, after hours on end of hard intense labor, skillful concentration, and highly experienced tooling techniques
:highclap:  :eyebrownod:

Notice the glamorous tool burn around the outside edge of the mouth piece? I'll have you know that was very difficult to perfect  :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

Well, I'm impressed. I see no reason to hang up your tenure just yet. There's definitely potential there.

Brad

HuntnCarve

Well done!  Now you need to head on out here to PA where I'll show you how to carve, and checker a call.  You've taken the first step, there's no going back!
Dave

THO Game Calls

I have to admit, your call has a distinct shape to it.  One that leads me to not want to be seen with it in my mouth, close as I live to Boston and all, it might give some the wrong idea   
  :roflmao:   :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Other than that, you done good.    I can see it now, Champion Tanery and Custom Calls.  Has a ring to it!

Al
THO Game Calls
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Todd Rahm

Bopeye

How much you want for it? I'll buy it.  :yoyo: :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

Yes, I have to agree with Al.  Its has a very distinctive shape.   A Freudian slip perhaps?   :roflmao:

keekee

:roflmao:  I will say one thing though, he didnt quit!

Brent

coyotehunter_1

Call envy?   :confused:

Nice job Jim.......  My wife said she likes it! :biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

I didn't see any distinct body parts in it, but I did see a clear outline of a table leg.
Brent looked down on it, on the lather once, made a smaking sound with lips mouth and said, "It'll make a nice tool handle"   :sad:

I just pushed him away and said  :pout:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

stevecriner

Quote from: THO Game Calls on February 06, 2007, 06:54:38 PM
I have to admit, your call has a distinct shape to it.  One that leads me to not want to be seen with it in my mouth, close as I live to Boston and all, it might give some the wrong idea   
  :roflmao:   :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Other than that, you done good.    I can see it now, Champion Tanery and Custom Calls.  Has a ring to it!

Al
THO Game Calls

Hah thats funny right there. Thats just waht i was going to say........   really though nice call.
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

Hawks Feather

I am starting to worry about having too much wood.  Now that everyone has seen Jim's call my building may be over.  Looks better than my first call.

Jerry

Bopeye

HEY.........I was serious........I'll buy it. How much?

Todd Rahm

QuoteI am starting to worry about having too much wood.

Jerry your not helping the situation here, with that there comment.  :biggrin:

Arkyyoter

Looks good to me Jim :) hang in there!!!!!

FinsnFur

Hawk  :roflmao:

Not for sale Bopeye  :nofgr: This is a once in a lifetime, seriously limited edition. Like I said...there'll never be another with MY name on it
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

BUMMER  :madd:

Well, if you get low on brewsky and decide the call has to go............give me a holla. :eyebrow:

vvarmitr

Well, lets hear it!

:innocentwhistle:

That's it, now do it w/ the microphone on. :laf: