• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The "Red River Bandit" Field Test

Started by THO Game Calls, December 15, 2006, 08:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

Well, a couple of weeks ago I got one of Songdog Snipers Red River Bandit production calls.  I took it out with us yesterday, and while I did not call anything in with it, I have to tell you that ths is one nice sounding call.  Very good sound, easy to blow, and just the right rasp.

It's a well constructed call, and holds well even with my gloves on.  It doesn't have the very high end sounds I am used to wth my custom calls, but for a cottontail or snow shoe hare, it can't be beat.  I was able to blow it for about 15 minutes almost non stop without being out of breath. 

As a call maker, I have just about every production open reed made.  They sit in a box and I use them to gauge the sounds of my calls against.  But this little call by Songdog Sniper will find a permanat place in my calling bag.  I will order another for my call test box. 

Honestly, if you don't have one, you should give it a try.  I am confident that you will fall in love with this little call.  It is extremely well made and the sound is among the best I have heard from a production or custom call.

Thanks for a great product Aaron.  You've got a winner with this one.

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

songdog_sniper

Thank you sir, I'm glad that you like it.    I really appreciate you taking the time to write about it. Thanks Aaron.

FinsnFur

Picturesssssssssssssss

Whats a review without pics  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

http://finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=752.0

Follow the link to the Hand Call Store!  He put up a couiple of very nice pictures of the call there.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results