• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Mountain Men.

Started by nastygunz, July 03, 2015, 08:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

"His name was Jeremiah Johnson. They say he wanted to be a mountain man. The story goes that he was a man of proper wit and adventurous spirit suited to the mountains. Nobody knows where abouts he come from and it don’t seem to matter much. He was a young man and ghosty stories about the tall hills didn’t scare him none. He was lookin for a Hawkin gun, 50 caliber or better. He settled for a 30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawkin. You couldn’t go no better. Bought him a good horse, traps and other truck that went with being a mountain man and said goodbye to whatever life was down there below.

nastygunz

nastygunz

I like to get up on top of a mountain and look down over everything and picture how it used to be before white man moved in And it was nothing but Indians and animals.

HaMeR

I hear ya on trying to get a mental pic of when this was all "new" to us nasty!! But you can't thump progress too much. After all we are the ones that set things up straight so we didn't have to tilt our heads to look at it!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

I think that's Jimbo messing with me! :innocentwhistle:

Hawks Feather

I love the movie about J. Johnson.  I have watched it many times and would watch it again today if it were on. 

Now, if you were the only white person with all the native americans you would either be an icon or dead.

Jerry

Okanagan

Some great looking country in those pics.  You are a fortunate man!  Enjoy it while your legs will handle it.

nastygunz

Hell I look around me now a lot of times and I AM the only white person around!

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 04, 2015, 07:47:32 AM
I love the movie about J. Johnson.  I have watched it many times and would watch it again today if it were on. 

Now, if you were the only white person with all the native americans you would either be an icon or dead.

Jerry

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on July 04, 2015, 11:59:57 AM
Hell I look around me now a lot of times and I AM the only white person around!

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 04, 2015, 07:47:32 AM

Jerry

1.  In a McDonald's in Richmond, B.C. recently, my wife and I were the only white people in the busy restaurant, including customers and staff.

2.  Late one night in Los Angeles, a Blackfoot friend and I hankered for a snack and pulled in to an all night waffle house.  The all black waitresses were nervous as we walked in among what turned out to be all black customers, mostly tough looking young men who stared silently at us.   As we eased into a booth my dark and husky big friend leaned toward me and breathed, "You are lucky I am with you, White Man!"

CCP

Beautiful mountains there Nasty. I went over to the white Mountains a few years ago and would love to go back. My wife will be there in a few weeks while I work.

If I could go back in time I would want to go back before them savages were there though.
Okanagan I grew up in the deep south in North Fla south Alabama what you described was a normal encounter.  However when I was younger they all feared me and the crowd would move to the back for me to sit my nick name was white boy for most of my life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Okanagan on July 04, 2015, 03:13:16 PM
Late one night in Los Angeles, a Blackfoot friend and I hankered for a snack and pulled in to an all night waffle house.  The all black waitresses were nervous as we walked in among what turned out to be all black customers, mostly tough looking young men who stared silently at us.   As we eased into a booth my dark and husky big friend leaned toward me and breathed, "You are lucky I am with you, White Man!"

Tonto and the Lone Ranger were surrounded by Indians and the Lone Ranger was down to his last bullet.  He looked at Tonto and said, "Well, Tonto.  It looks like this is the end for us."  Tonto smiled and said, "What do you mean paleface?"

nastygunz

I had a really good friend who was Oglala Sioux Indian from Nebraska named Gregory cloud thunder, we were in the Navy together and he was a hot ticket, always making comments about white eyes and pale faces and John Wayne getting one hundred shots out of the six shooter etc. etc.